• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you hate Siege/Forced MP quests?

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#21
nuke2099 posted...
I find the idea of naming them sieges to be a bit weird.
It's not as weird as naming every monster a Wyvern.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#22
OmegaDez posted...
I guess it works if you have friends to play with?
Or a GameFAQs team.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
1 week ago#23
Rhiethreal posted...
Multiplayer focused stuff has been in the game forever.

Not to this extent, though. Everything in past games, save for some event-exclusive buffed versions of huge monsters like Jhen or Lao, was reasonable for solo players. To put it into perspective, the solo HP for G Rank monsters in Iceborne is around the same HP of the multiplayer-scaled G Rank monsters in previous games. If you can play through Iceborne solo, then you would probably be able to solo the "multiplayer scaled" monsters of past games.

Stuff like Behemoth, Ancient Leshen, Kulve, and Safi outright tell the player to bring friends, and the mechanics of those fights basically enforce the player to team up with others. Nothing in previous games ever came close to this.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is the best DS Zelda game.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#24
Yes. Well, not the "siege" concept in general necessarily, although I'm not a fan of the idea of designing monsters you're expected to spend multiple quests on beating. Forced multiplayer scaling is just stupid though. World's multiplayer scaling is way too extreme for that to be any fun to deal with.
Meow!

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#25
Meta289 posted...
To put it into perspective, the solo HP for G Rank monsters in Iceborne is around the same HP of the multiplayer-scaled G Rank monsters in previous games. If you can play through Iceborne solo, then you would probably be able to solo the "multiplayer scaled" monsters of past games.
Are you ignoring that damage potential is also much improved in IB? You couldn't stack skills in older games nearly to the extent that you can in IB.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#26
Rhiethreal posted...
Are you ignoring that damage potential is also much improved in IB? You couldn't stack skills in older games nearly to the extent that you can in IB.

Even factoring that in, solo monster HP in Iceborne is comparable or higher to past games. G rank Teostra in GU has around 13k-14k HP. In Iceborne I'm pretty sure he's up at like 24k or something similar. Solo monsters are balanced to be inline with what previous "multiplayer scaled" content was like. The reason Iceborne stuff isn't any more durable in practice (and often frailer) is that, in addition to the better builds in Iceborne, you also have wall bangs, super fast traps, slinger ammo shenanigans, knockdowns that last longer, flinch thresholds that aren't increased by as much, and much stronger movesets (in GU hammer needed like 8 triple pounds worth of hits to do the Spinning Meteor art once. In World, you can do Big Bang whenever you feel like, *and* it's substantially stronger than Spinning Meteor was). You can knock monsters down easier, they stay down longer and you dish out higher DPS to downed targets even with an identical attack stat and skillset with many weapons. But that's just a result of Iceborne being designed to encourage lockdown playstyles that limit how much the monster gets to move. Point is, there's clearly a vast difference between "multiplayer content" in the past few games and "multiplayer scaling" in 5th gen.
Meow!

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
1 week ago#27
No, I prefer MP hunts over solo. Solo is too much easy mode and a crutch for many bad players.
" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 week ago#28
Okamiaku posted...
No, I prefer MP hunts over solo. Solo is too much easy mode and a crutch for many bad players.
The game is legit harder solo for almost every fight, only time it's easier is if you got idiots and new players wasting carts. The best clear times are always 4 player. Can you explain why it's harder? Teamwork is just a skill solo players don't have(or have as much), if you took a guy who only ever played multiplayer he would screw up lots playing solo because its a skill he doesn't have.
The mods and admins on this site are degenerate authoritarians who can't win arguements, spur facts, and assume motives.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 week ago#29
These polls always amaze me but it's like capcom has major disconnect with its player base. Every one of these polls turn out the same. This one is especially jarring because it literally asks if you HATE it. How many people who say they don't hate it are just indifferent to it and couldn't care less if it went away? You need a third option didierre.

The mods and admins on this site are degenerate authoritarians who can't win arguements, spur facts, and assume motives.

User Info: Clemons75

Clemons75
1 week ago#30
No. More variety is better.

Edit: of course Safi did kinda kill weapon variety so......
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you hate Siege/Forced MP quests?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers