• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If you ever thought about switching to PC, dont do it

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#41
Teran17 posted...

You're not going to be hitting super high fps at 4K unless you drop the visuals down a fair bit, even on a 2080ti. MHW has been a GPU hog since day 1, although it has seemed to give a few more frames with DX12.

Should have specified, my bad bro...can't hit that at 2560x1080
Leader of the AP.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
1 week ago#42
_Angel_ posted...

Do you have a 144hz monitor you can test on? I can hit 4k/60 np but I cannot get above 120 fps. Same specs as you minus 16 gb.

Maybe I should run that crc s*** and try again even though my cpu usage is at 70%

Crc is worth using just for the sake of stress on your system. I also turned on Dx12 which seems to be helping. Capcom posted on the steam forums that they are updating this in a day or two so not trippin. But yeah I run on an oled 60hz. So nah, I cant break 60fps but I hold 60fps stable.

User Info: phrett

phrett
1 week ago#43
YoukaiSlayer posted...
No they won't. PC hardware is required to have safety features that shut it down if it gets too hot to prevent things like this. The hardware manufacturers would have the lawsuit if that happened.

swing and a miss
People suck.

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
1 week ago#44
_Angel_ posted...
Should have specified, my bad bro...can't hit that at 2560x1080

Ah okay. Have you tried playing with the voluemtric setting? That, LOD, and Ambient Occlusion tend to have the biggest impact. I actually turned AO off myself because it has some pretty ugly cross hatch artifacts on the shadows sometimes for some reason.

Some people say to turn off the volumetric lighting, but it doesn't just add fog, it's responsible for crepuscular rays and and a much richer sense of depth. Still, the difference between Low to Max isn't that pronounced, although there are haloing artifacts around objects that occlude volumetric lights on the lower settings. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, you can keep it low, or if you flat out just want frames over the volumetric effects, you can turn it off and get a huge FPS boost. Outside of that it's hard to say, but the upcoming patch could help your CPU feed your GPU more frames if you're CPU limited.
Block out the pain, make your body grow
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#45
Teran17 posted...

Ah okay. Have you tried playing with the voluemtric setting? That, LOD, and Ambient Occlusion tend to have the biggest impact. I actually turned AO off myself because it has some pretty ugly cross hatch artifacts on the shadows sometimes for some reason.

Some people say to turn off the volumetric lighting, but it doesn't just add fog, it's responsible for crepuscular rays and and a much richer sense of depth. Still, the difference between Low to Max isn't that pronounced, although there are haloing artifacts around objects that occlude volumetric lights on the lower settings. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, you can keep it low, or if you flat out just want frames over the volumetric effects, you can turn it off and get a huge FPS boost. Outside of that it's hard to say, but the upcoming patch could help your CPU feed your GPU more frames if you're CPU limited.

I run on a 2080 ti/9900k, 16 GB of RAM

This gets really strange because yeah I always turn off the fog. But I also turned down the in-game resolution to Low instead of High, AO, AA, shadows, etc. and etc...and the s*** REFUSES to go to 144 even though all those things lowered should be getting there no problem. Already f***ed with hz settings in Nvidia Control Panel, made sure the hz was correct on the windows monitor settings, I set it to unlimited frames and turned off vysnc...

Going to try the CRC today.
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky
Wish I could flap wings and fly away
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
6 days ago#46
_Angel_ posted...
I run on a 2080 ti/9900k, 16 GB of RAM

This gets really strange because yeah I always turn off the fog. But I also turned down the in-game resolution to Low instead of High, AO, AA, shadows, etc. and etc...and the s*** REFUSES to go to 144 even though all those things lowered should be getting there no problem. Already f***ed with hz settings in Nvidia Control Panel, made sure the hz was correct on the windows monitor settings, I set it to unlimited frames and turned off vysnc...

Going to try the CRC today.

Yeah if you turned down all the settings like that and still got no fps bump, you're definitely CPU limited. Not necessarily surprising running a 2080ti. Having said that, I should test out IB, because when I ran uncapped on a 5820k in base World, I could hit the 140+ mark on lowered settings.
Block out the pain, make your body grow
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If you ever thought about switching to PC, dont do it
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers