• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If you ever thought about switching to PC, dont do it

User Info: leiruc

leiruc
1 week ago#31
Snazzy21 posted...
Im playing on PC and have had none of these problems or any performance issues. Im running a 3 (almost 4) year old 1070 an i7 6700 with 32gig of ram.
I7 6700k, 32gigs and a 980 ti. No probs here either. Lucky us. Getting older though. I lower my settings to med
Intel Core i7-6700K skylake 4.6GHz |Samsung 950 M.2 SSD 512GB | 32GB RAM DDR4| EVGA GTX 980 TI hybrid 6GB VRAM | Dell 27" Monitor 2560X1440 144mhz G-Sync

User Info: Tirnoth

Tirnoth
1 week ago#32
i5 4670K 3.4Ghz, 980 Ti, 16GB DDR3 here running fine too.

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
1 week ago#33
PC version was fine for me day 1. Day 2 it started to have rather scary freezes. Which is to say, the system would freeze during the freezes not just the game. At which point I moved on to other games until a new patch addresses the issues(and Capcom says it's coming in the next few days). I'd rather not have issues like the TC had.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
1 week ago#34
I9 9900k 3.6, 2080 ti, 32 gigs.
Running crc bypass to deal with the 100%CPU bug.

60fps solid, 4k hdr

Zero issues, but I am pissed about the 100%CPU bug. Its bull s*** and gonna hurt a lot of people who dont know/dont work around.

Edit: it's totally worth this version, there are more than just frames. We get lore loading screens now, and more tiny quality of life things than ps4. Not to mention it looks amazing, like stupid good. Ps4 runs like a gameboy and looks like medium low compared to PC. Also less ugly handler and better weapon designs via mods, and no subscription fees.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
1 week ago#35
I fear someone's PC is going to literally blow up in their face and seriously injure them if this continues, and if that happens Capcom will have a serious lawsuit on their hands.

FC: 1693-0953-3350.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#36
Pots_Togo posted...
I9 9900k 3.6, 2080 ti, 32 gigs.
Running crc bypass to deal with the 100%CPU bug.

60fps solid, 4k hdr

Zero issues, but I am pissed about the 100%CPU bug. Its bull s*** and gonna hurt a lot of people who dont know/dont work around.

Edit: it's totally worth this version, there are more than just frames. We get lore loading screens now, and more tiny quality of life things than ps4. Not to mention it looks amazing, like stupid good. Ps4 runs like a gameboy and looks like medium low compared to PC. Also less ugly handler and better weapon designs via mods, and no subscription fees.

Do you have a 144hz monitor you can test on? I can hit 4k/60 np but I cannot get above 120 fps. Same specs as you minus 16 gb.

Maybe I should run that crc s*** and try again even though my cpu usage is at 70%
Leader of the AP.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#37
Tyranidomega posted...
I fear someone's PC is going to literally blow up in their face and seriously injure them if this continues, and if that happens Capcom will have a serious lawsuit on their hands.
No they won't. PC hardware is required to have safety features that shut it down if it gets too hot to prevent things like this. The hardware manufacturers would have the lawsuit if that happened.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Muflaggin

Muflaggin
1 week ago#38
*plays at smooth 60 fps with actual proper transmog*

I'm sorry what?
LightSnake: "Sigh....I might've been wrong about a lot this time."
Terra-enforcer: "You were right. I was wrong. I'm a filthy welcher."

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
1 week ago#39
_Angel_ posted...
I can hit 4k/60 np but I cannot get above 120 fps.

You're not going to be hitting super high fps at 4K unless you drop the visuals down a fair bit, even on a 2080ti. MHW has been a GPU hog since day 1, although it has seemed to give a few more frames with DX12.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

User Info: jeof96

jeof96
1 week ago#40
Blufield posted...
GTX 1660 ti, no special settings. I played on launch for a whole day without any problems, then the next day I had it freeze and close on me multiple times. A day or two later, I noticed a glitchy texture in-game, the weird blocky rainbow type that usuall happens when your card is dying.. something I haven't seen in games for a long time.

So I check the temperature, and it was above 176f/80c. GPU load was listed as 99% in Nvidia Inspector and the fan was loud. Then I remembered I saw someone complain about a similar problem and they said they limited the frame rate, and that worked. Dropped the temperature and GPU load significantly.

I'm sure I've seen other people saying similar things here and there. Everybody posts completely different specs, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency between GPU/CPU load/frame rate problems. No problems after playing for a few hours today.

@Blufield What model is your 1660 Ti? Thats a pretty high temperature.

Are you using it while air conditioned in a room?

What's your OEM for that 1660 Ti?

Mine is AORUS Gigabyte, the 3-fans model. And the highest I get is 71°C with air conditioning.
MH4U too hard for you? Download this strategy guide: http://tinyurl.com/xMH4UDSGx
If asked to stop laughing, tell them you're trying to boost your endorphins.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If you ever thought about switching to PC, dont do it
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers