• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If you ever thought about switching to PC, dont do it

User Info: BabySh0es

BabySh0es
1 week ago#11
I have an r7 1700X and an RTX 2060 and 32gb of RAM. My PC handles modern games well, MHW is the only one to f*** with it so far

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#12
I'm loving the PC release.

But, as I advised a friend, if you're not fully willing to deal with the potential headaches that this launch is causing atm, you may as well wait for them to iron out issues. Patience will hopefully bring improvements and mod updates.

Oh yeah, and sorry to hear that TC. It might look like you're just s***ting on PC to some but issues are so widespread that I can look at your post and believe it. Capcom needs to fix this s***.
Leader of the AP.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BabySh0es

BabySh0es
1 week ago#13
_Angel_ posted...
I'm loving the PC release.

But, as I advised a friend, if you're not fully willing to deal with the potential headaches that this launch is causing atm, you may as well wait for them to iron out issues. Patience will hopefully bring improvements and mod updates.
This is basically my strategy now. Ill try downloading and playing it again in a few months. well probably several months since ill be playing RE3 and Cyberpunk before that most likely LOL. While i regret shifting to PC, i really cant go back to 30 FPS on console after playing through the entire vanilla game on PC
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#14
I've also been hearing horror stories about the PC version of Iceborne.

MHW ran just fine for me on PC, and in fact I preferred it to the PS4 version due to the superior frame rate/loading speeds

But I have yet to pick up Iceborne on PC and I am not hearing good things so far
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?
Pretty silly to recommend others to not switch to PC because you personally don't know how to install a game. Anyway, I'm not experiencing any problems. The majority doesn't, but if you've played the base game on PC, then I would recommend waiting until they fix the save issue.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#16
Don't forget that if your save hasn't been saved in the last year or so, it's incompatiable with iceborne and making new data will delete it so thousands of people that haven't played much after base launch lost their saves entirely with no chance of recovery. Even IF they fix the compatibility issue, all the old saves for so many people are just gone now. Fortunately there is janky workaround with a save editor but that issue alone would make it a disaster of a launch IMO. Adding to it windows 7 incompatibility and all the other issues is just sad.

The two insults to injury of course are that the game was delayed for PC and that there is no active community manager for capcom so you have to go out of your way to even find if capcom knows these issues exist.

Thats what is really pathetic about these PC ports from japan. Single modders usually end up fixing all these broken issues in like a week or less and yet the dev team had forever to get this s*** ironed out and maintained complete radio silence after launch.

Comparing that to a few disastrous western launches where there is almost always communication and we know for sure they know about the issues and are working their ass off overtime in panic mode to fix it ASAP.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Blufield

Blufield
1 week ago#17
I guess that explains the game burning up my GPU even at the main menu and character edit. Thanks. 100% GPU load from an empty screen with just my character model.
Hope it didn't permanently damage my GPU, I just bought a new card recently. Damn you, Crapcom.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: zigxzag

zigxzag
1 week ago#18
This game needs the increase fps the most. When you experience 60fps menu, it really hard to go back to the slow, unrespond 30fps menu. The old MonHun games on handhelds don't have this problem. Don't know why Capcom decided to tie fps to menu in a game that you spend a lot of time to play with the menu

Maybe it's not related to TC's problem but I think 60fps is worth to pursue. I recall when Iceborne was released on consoles, the fps is a lot worse than it currently is. Capcom will surely patch the pc. I heard because people mod this game too much, Capcom had to add some changes to the anti cheat.
In Diablo 3 RoS, Rift Guardians find you
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#19
Blufield posted...
I guess that explains the game burning up my GPU even at the main menu and character edit. Thanks. 100% GPU load from an empty screen with just my character model.
Hope it didn't permanently damage my GPU, I just bought a new card recently. Damn you, Crapcom.

Damn man, that sucks to hear. What sort of gpu was it? What settings were you pushing? Temps? This is the first time I'm hearing of 100% gpu utilization...if anything the game needs to utilize that more smh
Leader of the AP.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#20
zigxzag posted...
Capcom had to add some changes to the anti cheat.
Which was defeated in literal hours after the game launched and people are already cheating online.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If you ever thought about switching to PC, dont do it
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers