• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is playing meta important to you?

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#41
Placid01 posted...

Also, I don't think I've ever had the right gems to make a meta set anyway. Oh well.

I'm sure guys like you and I will find a single <good skill>+ jewel some day. Maybe. Hopefully.

Probably not.
Meow!

User Info: iljindaebak

iljindaebak
1 week ago#42
In a PvE game not really
Seoul City's Finest ;-)

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
1 week ago#43
Panthera posted...
I'm sure guys like you and I will find a single <good skill>+ jewel some day. Maybe. Hopefully.

Probably not.
Here’s another palico rally +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: DarkRPGMaster

DarkRPGMaster
1 week ago#44
Definitely a no, I prefer to use stuff that gives me good offense, but also decos that cover possible problems that may occur depending on the fight. Meaning I have Stun Res 3 on all the time, Health Boost 3 all the time, and I have a few slots that are constantly rotating ailment protection and elemental protection depending on the fight. If there's anything the old MH games taught me, playing defensively leads to few carts and many successful hunts.
PSN RyuDragnier, Pawn Kyna, Ranger lvl 200

User Info: bakalap22

bakalap22
1 week ago#45
I adapt my builds to the meta with qol skills.

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
1 week ago#46
Nope... Always tailor my skills n decos to my play style on every weapon I used.

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
1 week ago#47
Use whatever you want. Just hit the monster and dodge/block.

I'm more annoyed by the people are in full meta sets but never developed actual skill. They try to let gear carry them and end up just carting or not being aggressive attackers enough. (honorable mention for the people who miss most of their attacks)
" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "

User Info: vice_dragon

vice_dragon
1 week ago#48
Dudes and Dudettes I like Earplugs too damn much to care about meta. Too many TCS and Wyvern Fires roared away, NO MORE!
How much mud could a mudcrab crab if a mudcrab could crab mud?
FC: 0645-5832-7368

User Info: Araito

Araito
1 week ago#49
It’s the only thing that I can play, after all the time I’ve spent on the game I just can’t play with sub par stuff.

And I still use health boost 3 in all of my sets. There is no argument in not running it, it’s the best defensive skill in the game. Plenty of tempered T3 and even T2 can combo you out easily or even one shot you without it.

Its the most popular skill in the game and everyone I see in investigation lobbies has it on.

Even if you have a massive shield to hide behind you should still use it.
PSN: Scrub_Ryan

User Info: SinExDeath

SinExDeath
1 week ago#50
gilgaRe posted...

To the people that are all about meta, you realize MH games are not that hard, right? The only thing forcing you to use the best possible equipment and nothing else is your ego.

I take it you haven't heard of the phrase: "Anti-Elitism is still elitism". If you want to use what you want without unwarranted criticism, you must first give others the same courtesy.
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is playing meta important to you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers