• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is playing meta important to you?

User Info: traumprinz

traumprinz
1 week ago#11
it only bothers me when i check someones loadout and i know theyre not doing any damage

i dont care if your build is unoptimized to the finest percent

but if i dont even see wex and i see wide range and defence boost i know youre looking to get carried

if youre solo do whatever you want
i dont understand why people tell people who play solo to use health boost
annak idejen kezdtuk egy darab teglaval meg egy kilo malacgecive

traumprinz
1 week ago#12
i saw someone running silverlos bow earlier with only like 4 points of crit eye and no affinity augs

s*** like that bothers me

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#13
traumprinz posted...
I use it 'cuz no one else will heal me. 9 times out of 10 my cat will look at me, look me dead in the f***ing eyes as I'm at 10%, on fire and poisoned and stunned, and the cat will walk over to me.
And this a******, who is at like 75~80% HP mind you, instead of pushing me out of stun, instead of dropping a Vigorwasp, instead of doing literally anything to help, pulls out his little cat canteen and starts healing.
At almost full HP.
?
???
The f***, man.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 week ago#14
Unbound-King posted...
traumprinz posted...
I use it 'cuz no one else will heal me. 9 times out of 10 my cat will look at me, look me dead in the f***ing eyes as I'm at 10%, on fire and poisoned and stunned, and the cat will walk over to me.
And this a******, who is at like 75~80% HP mind you, instead of pushing me out of stun, instead of dropping a Vigorwasp, instead of doing literally anything to help, pulls out his little cat canteen and starts healing.
At almost full HP.
?
???
The f***, man.

Dude, he pressed the wrong button.
No hating on the kitty.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#15
Enclosure posted...
Dude, he pressed the wrong button.
No hating on the kitty.
Do you really think this is the first time?
Ever since his stupid ass washed up on the shore of the New World I swear to god this man has made it his life mission to make me need him and then abandon me like he probably thinks I did to him.
He doesn't seem to remember f***ing Giga Bowser was crossing the ocean and we had more pressing matters like trying not to die at the time.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: ExtremeXPSO

ExtremeXPSO
1 week ago#16
Honestly, on my main character, I run off-meta. I've got usually really high numbers in Crit Eye, Attack Boost, WEX, CB, etc., but I usually also run QoL skills, like Steadfast, Speed Eating, and Earplugs.

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
1 week ago#17
traumprinz posted...
i saw someone running silverlos bow earlier with only like 4 points of crit eye and no affinity augs

s*** like that bothers me

Fighting T3 rajang in tGL and having macho meta wankers with no defense or healing boosts that only concentrate on DPS and miss 65% of their combo on a constantly moving monster that's enraged and attacking all the time ,carting them like every 2 minutes leaving me to fight it alone while they do the come back routes to the monster that changes zones losing time, just to miss heavy combo hits and cart again by 1 shot moves ...bothers me

Same goes for any EdT3 that will wreck your s*** with 2 combos or 1 shot move in tGL ,Rats and Bazel in tight spots ....but I guess is Carting Unlimited Zone so is ok to not think about defense , healing and just staying in the fight to contribute with that Meta Max DPS that gets waisted half the time in the fighting, as many many Grand Meta geared Copycat Warriors have no clue how to disrupt offensive monster attack patterns with flinch amo , or actually CC and tenderize safely

Dont get me started on the Safi armor wankers that need to hit to heal ,miss half the combos and cart like flies in the last minute when the fighting gets tougher

Judging someone by their gear ,MR, looking at their set up in a quest and presuming they will not out DPS you is The true sign of an Insecure Chump that was hard carried to that point in the game getting hes precious Meta mats and builds on other people's skill and good will

When I play with others in a 4 player team , I'm in a team not in my own persoanal bubble uptight and worried about dps, I'm worried about no carting and getting to the end screen with 0 carts for max rewards and of course I enjoy the Spectacle

Rise up this mornin Smiled with the risin sun 3 little birds
Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true Sayin it is my message 2 you ou u

traumprinz
1 week ago#18
i mean my point is that they can do whatever theyre trying to pull of better
like whats the point of trying to go for max damage but doing it wrong

if you want to be safe why not just go 2 piece velkhana and 2 piece gold rath

you can have comfort AND damage

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
1 week ago#19
traumprinz posted...
i mean my point is that they can do whatever theyre trying to pull of better
like whats the point of trying to go for max damage but doing it wrong

if you want to be safe why not just go 2 piece velkhana and 2 piece gold rath

you can have comfort AND damage

You mean 2 pieces of Gold rath , or 2 Vaal and 4 of Silverlos, on elemental
Or 2 Gold rath, 2 vaal and 2 safi or other 2 depending on weapons
Or 2 Vaal and 4 gold rath ,,,,2 gold rath and 4 Velkana,
3 tigrex and 3 savage jho depending on weapon element or ailment , and basically everything in between

The combinations are more than generous and overwhelming with skils to balance Dps and health for all weapon types as you get an extra armor piece from safi weapons, build your sharpness, element, affinity, ailment, dps , stamina, healing, you can go extreme with any of those as it suits you
I have never ever looked at other players gear and stats ...I only look at how many times you lock in your combo or miss your whole or half your combo on the monster in the fight, I also look for your yellow numbers and pink " laser lines" in between....that is if you actually put in the hits not just hit air

Rise up this mornin Smiled with the risin sun 3 little birds
Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true Sayin it is my message 2 you ou u

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#20
2nd option got my vote, although I'm sort of between the 1st and 2nd option. I try to bring the best equipment to finish the quest quickly and safely, and although I don't require that other players have (my definition of) very optimized gear, I am a little silently critical if I find out they are lacking really important skills for the quest or are just very sloppy with their gear.

I'm also a little critical if they've equipped gear that benefits only them (Great Luck, Good Luck) without either making the hunt go more quickly or more safely. (And more so if it's a quest that really needs DPS / safety and benefits hardly at all from Luck set bonuses, like the Safi'jiiva siege.) I'm not critical if they're stacking QoL / utility skills that they earnestly feel they need to survive and not ruin the quest, though.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is playing meta important to you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers