• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is playing meta important to you?

User Info: gilgaRe

gilgaRe
1 week ago#1
Is playing meta important to you?

I find it kind of funny how hardcore into meta the MH community is. I have been scoffed at before for simply using weapons and armor that I think look cool, but may not have top tier stats.

To the people that are all about meta, you realize MH games are not that hard, right? The only thing forcing you to use the best possible equipment and nothing else is your ego.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#2
I use whatever I feel like. And I feel like having a super comfy set.
So my builds will generally include things like Earplugs, Stun Res, Health Boost, etc.
I've come to not really care about things like Attack Boost and Peak Performance outside of when there's literally nothing else I can think to use on the set.

When I look at meta sets, I mostly just see templates and quickly find the things I'd rather have swapped out for whatever bulls*** I'm on that day. I don't have any issues with the folks who do go all in on the Meta, 'cuz if they can make full use of the max deeps sets then I say f***in' go for it and a shred someone.
It all comes down to personal preference in the end, everyone enjoys different aspects and all that.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
1 week ago#3
I play elemental LBG. Dont know or care if it's meta or not.
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
1 week ago#4
Yes, absolutely.

User Info: Malzel

Malzel
1 week ago#5
If you're playing multiplayer it'd be nice to use good loadouts out of courtesy for others. Particularly for something like Safi where damage thresholds have to be met to break parts and the like in order to receive good rewards.
If you play solo there's no reason not to use anything you want.
Hesitation is defeat.

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#6
gilgaRe posted...
The only thing forcing you to use the best possible equipment and nothing else is your ego.
What reason is there to play video games if not to satisfy your ego? Whether through efficiency or coolness. Get your head out of your ass and stop thinking that not being a "metaslave" somehow makes you a better person.
After Drachen, I don't feel like there's too much meta per say?

I've looked up meta sets and they seem interesting, but it's mostly small optimizations I suppose. Stuff like Safi + Masters Touch for Longswords or Safi + Zorah's Essence for Gunlance. Other than that I don't feel like there's any set that's super changing like Drachen was.
Kitanai Ningen - Zamasu 2016
"To be honest, Ginyu himself doesn't have very many moves." - Tomoko Hiroki, DBFZ producer.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
1 week ago#8
Yes , and everyone in my group has to have BiS gear as well

So that means my palico at max level in the ruiner nerg armor with the highest defense and safi weapon because I am a solo player.
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.
350 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Robust

Robust
1 week ago#9
i first max out the 4 main skill (CE, CB, Wex, and HB), add at least 1 level of agitator, then Ill work from there. The main build i use has those 5 skills maxed plus Divine Blessing 5 and evade window 5. Good mix between damage and comfy
See you, Space Cowboy
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Barrusu

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
1 week ago#10
Robust posted...
i first max out the 4 main skill (CE, CB, Wex, and HB), add at least 1 level of agitator, then Ill work from there. The main build i use has those 5 skills maxed plus Divine Blessing 5 and evade window 5. Good mix between damage and comfy

Ohhh so here we have the reason you find tempered namielle easy, you're not even running a meta build roflmao

don't forget defense boost
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.
350 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is playing meta important to you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers