• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance's damage is Trash?

User Info: Malzel

Malzel
1 week ago#31
Clutch Guard should give way more damage resist so it's more viable against tempered monsters.
Counter thrust damage should be increased by 10%.
Final Thrust of Charge should be increased by 15%.
Hesitation is defeat.

User Info: Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#32
How do people get such high damage numbers with Lance? I don’t play solo or use demon powder or anything like that, but I use what I feel are decent setups (though I lack Guard Up). I am lucky if I can get my numbers above 100; usually they’re even lower though.
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
Iced_Shadows posted...
How do people get such high damage numbers with Lance? I don’t play solo or use demon powder or anything like that, but I use what I feel are decent setups (though I lack Guard Up). I am lucky if I can get my numbers above 100; usually they’re even lower though.
Demon powder might seed offensive guard and evasion mantle. Safi set bonus with resentment. Boosting raw over boosting element but you still should use the proper element weapon against the monster.

User Info: Sasquatchimo

Sasquatchimo
1 week ago#34
Was that mtx I saw?
https://imgur.com/a/gBVUVzT

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#35
Ultimaweapon689 posted...
Demon powder might seed offensive guard and evasion mantle. Safi set bonus with resentment. Boosting raw over boosting element but you still should use the proper element weapon against the monster.
Thanks! I didn’t realize powder and seed stack, all this time. I’ll give all this a go and see how my numbers are, then. I already have a Resentment build with Safi armor too. Is 5 piece Safi worth it or is 3 piece good enough? I’m using the full set right now.
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
Iced_Shadows posted...
Thanks! I didn’t realize powder and seed stack, all this time. I’ll give all this a go and see how my numbers are, then. I already have a Resentment build with Safi armor too. Is 5 piece Safi worth it or is 3 piece good enough? I’m using the full set right now.
use 3 piece safi and two piece teo. Get the last piece of teo from safi weapon augment. Demon drug demon powder and might seed stack. Don’t bother with might pill. It will overwrite one of the others and only lasts 20 seconds. Lance is too skill heavy to depend on handicraft for sharpness so masters touch is a must.

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#37
Ultimaweapon689 posted...
use 3 piece safi and two piece teo. Get the last piece of teo from safi weapon augment. Demon drug demon powder and might seed stack. Don’t bother with might pill. It will overwrite one of the others and only lasts 20 seconds. Lance is too skill heavy to depend on handicraft for sharpness so masters touch is a must.
Thanks. Luckily my one Lance I made from Safi has Teo’s skill, though it also has a Sharpness V that I need to replace with another Attack when Safi returns. Can’t wait to try to get some crazy numbers
Shadow Temple...
Iced_Shadows posted...
Thanks. Luckily my one Lance I made from Safi has Teo’s skill, though it also has a Sharpness V that I need to replace with another Attack when Safi returns. Can’t wait to try to get some crazy numbers
speedrunners run sharpness 6 with handicraft 2 but you have to be super clean to keep purple sharpness. I main hbg/lbg but I have probably have a thousand hours of lance. My lances are teo and the rest is attack.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#39
Sirk posted...
I don't know what your skillset was, because it wasn't listed at the end
It literally was: https://youtu.be/2WYabEW_EFs?t=366

Sirk posted...
If someone is insinuating that it is inherently wrong to play Lance and that you're crippling the team, that's a bad attitude and you are fully right to try to dispel that attitude.
They were.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#40
Rhiethreal posted...
Except people were insinuating that it was practically unusable trash all on its own. The video clip proves otherwise.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever come close to saying that except for DukeLukewarm, AKA the guy who is kind of notorious for legitimately believing that anything that isn't top tier is impossible to ever want to use for any reason
Meow!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance's damage is Trash?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers