• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance's damage is Trash?

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#151
This whole topic has been like that Super Mario level where the goalpost sprouts wings and flies away. Except in that level, the goalpost eventually stops.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: BIGTACO

BIGTACO
1 week ago#152
Yeah as fun as this was to watch, it's turned into a stale joke that's on repeat
Gods in his heaven
All is right with the world

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#153
Sirk posted...
I thought we were talking about whether a weapon class has high DPS or not.
You said abilities, not DPS.

Sirk posted...
Speedruns measure the upper end of every weapon's abilities

http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#154
Sirk posted...
This whole topic has been like that Super Mario level where the goalpost sprouts wings and flies away. Except in that level, the goalpost eventually stops.
The goal post never moved. I have been saying the same thing since the start of the thread.

1. Lance damage isn't trash.
  2. Not everyone is, or wants to be, a speed runner.
  3. Speed Running isn't the only metric by which to measure a weapon.

There you go. The three main points simplified to the core and even numbered to make it easier for you.

User Info: Leodon

Leodon
1 week ago#155
Rhiethreal posted...
Not true. It is a not an either or. It is a scale/curve. Casuals are one extreme, and speed runners are the other extreme. The most efficient option lies someone in the middle.

If casuals were on the extreme right, and speed runners were the extreme left side of the scale, I do believe the most efficient point would be a bit left of center. However, I the most efficient point would NOT be all the way to the left most extreme where speed runner sit.
You have to define what you're being efficient at which in this topic is about DPS.

Being somewhere in the middle is not the most efficient way to DPS. Speed-runs are absolutely more in the ballpark of efficient gameplay than anything substantially lower in the curve.

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#156
Leodon posted...
which in this topic is about DPS
False.

I made the thread, so I am the one who knows best what the topic of the thread is.

Let me refer you back to:

Rhiethreal posted...
1.Lance damage isn't trash.
2.Not everyone is, or wants to be, a speed runner.
3.Speed Running isn't the only metric by which to measure a weapon.

If I specifically said that speed running (forgoing everything else for DPS) is not the only metric, and offer efficiency as an alternate metric, logic dictates that I am not talking about DPS.

Context and simple common sense makes it pretty clear I am talking about efficiency in "clearing hunts."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Leodon

Leodon
1 week ago#157
Rhiethreal posted...
1.Lance damage isn't trash.
2.Not everyone is, or wants to be, a speed runner.
3.Speed Running isn't the only metric by which to measure a weapon.

No ones debating points 2 and 3 and those are things you randomly decided to add into the conversation to somehow support point 1. (Pretty much all of your random tangents to side-skirt the point such as adding "efficiency" to the conversation.)

I wouldn't go so far as to call Lance damage trash but it is bottom tier. You obviously know it since you made this topic without any proof otherwise.
(edited 1 week ago)

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#158
Leodon posted...
No ones debating points 2 and 3 and those are things you randomly decided to add into the conversation to somehow support point 1. (Pretty much all of your random tangents to side-skirt the point such as adding "efficiency" to the conversation.)
They aren't random tangents. I made the thread. Within the first 10 posts speedrunners were already mouthing off, and I immediately reiterated that I am not a speed runner and don't try to be.

Post #7 of the thread:
Rhiethreal posted...
I am not a speed runner. I played like trash, even getting blasted by a paratoad. I still cleared the quest in less than 6 minutes.

A proper speed runner could cut that time significantly, and if you aren't a speed runner, that time is perfectly acceptable.

Post #11 of the thread:
Rhiethreal posted...
Time isn't the take away here. The potential DPS numbers are. I already stated that I am not a speed runner, and I played like trash.

These aren't random points tacked on later.

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
1 week ago#159
Some of you take speed runs way to serious, sure if you abuse every mechanic and lock a monster down the highest dps wins.
But that doesn't take everything into account, like bad match ups, I'm sure DBs can speed run kushala fast but if you are playing normally like 90%+ do then I bet Lance is faster, reach to hit him in the air and range to poke from outside his wind aura.
And Lance has no bad match ups except for shara(irrelevant) lunastra(everyones bad match up) and savage jho.
is Mayonnaise a Jojo reference too?

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
1 week ago#160
MakotoYuri posted...
Some of you take speed runs way to serious, sure if you abuse every mechanic and lock a monster down the highest dps wins.
But that doesn't take everything into account, like bad match ups, I'm sure DBs can speed run kushala fast but if you are playing normally like 90%+ do then I bet Lance is faster, reach to hit him in the air and range to poke from outside his wind aura.
And Lance has no bad match ups except for shara(irrelevant) lunastra(everyones bad match up) and savage jho.

nothing wrong with using a lance for shara
Official God King of the PS4 Boards.
350 Pound Bench Press on YT-Darcnesstrophies
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance's damage is Trash?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers