• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance's damage is Trash?

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#121
Panthera posted...
Good and bad are relative terms regardless of metric
I didn't say they weren't. I am just saying that people can form opinions on these weapons based on more than just their clear times.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Ghannos

Ghannos
1 week ago#122
122 posts and he can see...30 of them?
Rhiethreal posted...
Sirk posted...
A minute or two is a long time when hunts for normal players can be ~10 minutes.

It's almost like I already addressed this point:

Rhiethreal posted...
However, the Lance will be able to get clear times within a minute or two of other melee weapons, and while that might be a massive amount of time for speed runners, it is a non-issue for a regular player, especially when considering what the lance's shield brings to the table.
Nobody's considered the fact that 'within a minute' in speedrunning time does not translate to the same difference in normal player time. If the average total clear time is longer, it's only reasonable to assume that the average difference in clear times scales appropriately as well.

Well actually, now that I'm reading it again I'm assuming that that's kinda what @Sirk was trying to get at here, but the point doesn't seem to have been understood.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
1 week ago#124
Rhiethreal posted...
Proving them wrong isn't "letting it get to me."
but you didn't prove anything by killing a banbaro, silly

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#125
Jaegon posted...
but you didn't prove anything by killing a banbaro, silly
  1. I didn't slay it.
  2. Yes, I did prove my point. The damage numbers and dps are what were important. Think of the Banboro as a walking testing pole if that helps you comprehend it.

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
1 week ago#126
UndyingStick posted...
Why are you guys even arguing with, of all people, rhietheral?

This is literally how all of his arguments look like. If you mentioned that people die when they are killed, he’d copy the “people die” part and argue around that without addressing your actual point...

He’s not someone who should be taken seriously anymore or at least like 95% of the time.

Just gonna throw this in here:

This is how trump got elected.

The attempted dismissal of conversation before engaging in conversation is probably the single worst and most ineffective way to drive a point (other than stating that your own position is incorrect before beginning... which some ppl do).

His points, no matter how much they piss you off, gain MORE credibility when you do this. You wonder why he's still here posting all the time? Because his biggest opposition is a set dudes effectively saying DON'T LISTEN TO HIM HE'S CRAZY. That's low hanging fruit even even for child.

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
1 week ago#127
valikkster posted...

The attempted dismissal of conversation before engaging in conversation is probably the single worst and most ineffective way to drive a point (other than stating that your own position is incorrect before beginning... which some ppl do).

His points, no matter how much they piss you off, gain MORE credibility when you do this. You wonder why he's still here posting all the time? Because his biggest opposition is a set dudes effectively saying DON'T LISTEN TO HIM HE'S CRAZY. That's low hanging fruit even even for child.
When he’s here for 2 years now spouting out nonsense and arguing in the exact, same manner - you’d expect people would realize that he’s either a troll or plain out delusional about almost everything he says, thinking he invalidates everyone else by having an opinion.

Its not something that happened over night... and he’s posting because he likes engaging pointless arguments that people so easily bite into.

If he was actually ignored, as he should be, since he’s proven it time and time again, there would be no looped conversations that end up being pointless in the end. Which happen with him. Almost all the time. Every time he’s ignored it usually ends up with a single awkward post of his and that’s it.

No need to bring either politics or stupidity into this, because that’s mostly how trump got elected.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Miauv

Miauv
1 week ago#128
The Vector Avtech WX8 Hypercar is faster than Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport .... Does it make the bugatti a bad car ?

Yes the lance is the slowest speedrun and NO the lance doesn't suck.

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#129
valikkster posted...

I would also like to point out that I only block people who rely on logical fallacies like that. You can disagree with me all day, and I will still engage your argument as long as it is logical and on topic, even if I disagree with it on a fundamental level.

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
1 week ago#130
Ultimaweapon689 posted...
even with offensive guard it still one of the weakest weapons. Especially since offensive guard isn’t exclusive to lance.

Yeah but only lance can take full advantage of it and make it optimal. That's why it's the only weapon type which has OG as a default on meta sets. The other weapons can't fully utilize it and there're better skills to fit other than Offensive guard on them.

HBG sure can use it but it's unreliable and there're better skills to fit.

GL sure can use it but on Long it's useless and Wide/Normal just can't use it as reliably as Lance because you're relying much more on evades and staggers rather than countering.

CB is the closest one to Lance but again, there're better skills to fit and you don't get enough opportunities to GP to make it worthwhile.

So yeah, it's exclusive to Lance.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance's damage is Trash?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers