• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's the word on endgame Pierce HBG setups?

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 month ago#1
I'm more wondering about Bowgun Mods and equipment skills, rather than which weapon to use. I'll probably be using Viper Tobi-Kadachi's HBG, because Safi's Snipecannon is supposed to be not that much an improvement, and because I don't want to use three Great Spiritvein Gems to fully upgrade my weapon.

Is it worth it to run Shield mods, or is it better to try to evade from a relative distance? I know Close Range Up have higher damage output than Ranged Attack mods, but it will be harder to get Nargacuga's set bonus (and to use the Peak Performance 3 that I can get from those pieces) if I am sticking close and taking Shield chip damage. On the other hand, the Evade Window points I'd get would be hard to use anyway, even at a distance, and Ranged Attack Up is a good bit less damage than Close Range Up, and that's disregarding the fact that I'd often be close to the monster anyway.

So I'm wondering a lot about which general direction I should go toward with Pierce HBG. Additional equipment setup suggestions will be appreciated.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 month ago#2
As an HBG user I feel compelled to respond but truth is I'm lazy af. I use narga with full Safi, agitator 5, resentment 4, evade extend, elementless. Intend to slap affinity augs to get to 95% affinity and call it a day.

40% from Safi bonus

20 % native

20% augmented (with 7 augment slots I am hoping this is possible)

10% from Agitator

5% from Attack 4

Mods are SS, 3x Long Range bonus, Recoil Down
Leader of the AP.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 month ago#3
guess my s*** is the meta
Leader of the AP.

User Info: Blufield

Blufield
1 month ago#4
The last video I checked on pierce HBG was this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_MQtOCSzHo

I personally like to use Shield. I think Close Range is better if you're playing alone because monsters will be in your face a lot. Ranged is probably better if you're in groups.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's the word on endgame Pierce HBG setups?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A