• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. HH help!... specifically about the echo notes + bubbles

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
1 week ago#1
New to HH. I watched a few old videos pre dlc about the HH and the moves, notes, songs. Also played a few rounds of it. I get how the notes work, songs, encores etc...

However! I dont get how the echo notes work. Also dont quite get how those random bubbles on the ground work. Are the echo songs only for me? Like self improvement? What do the bubbles do if I or someone else touches it?

Thank you!
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN
You get echo notes from the echo attack (L2 after any other attack). The move is now the hardest hitting attack HH has if all hits connect, making the weapon stronger overall, element an effective route to go for, and echo songs very frequently available for you to use. After getting an echo note, you can then follow it up with a non-purple note to get 1 of 6 new songs:

• Impact Wave (echo+red): a burst of pure raw damage. High KO, can be stacked up to 3 times for more damage/KO on the encore.
  • Dragon Wave (echo+orange): a burst of raw and dragon element damage. Less KO and lower damage scaling on encores compared to Impact, but individual Dragon Waves hit VERY hard if a monster is even moderately weak to dragon.
  • Extended Recovery (echo+green): leaves an echo bubble where you're standing that will gradually recover the health of whoever touches it. Stacks with the Vaal set bonus, affected by Recovery Up, heals even while taking chip damage.
  • Element Effectiveness Up (echo+yellow): leaves an echo bubble where you're standing that boosts the elemental attack power and resistances of whoever touches it. Increases the effects of any HH song that does the same things.
  • Speed+Evasion Up (echo+light blue): leaves an echo bubble where you're standing that adds extra evasion frames for whoever touches it, roughly equal to Evade Window 2-3. It will also increase unsheathed movement speed ONLY for you and other HH users, other weapons will not get this 2nd effect.
  • Max Stamina+Recovery Up (echo+blue): leaves an echo bubble where you're standing that both increases the max length of the stamina bar and increases stamina recovery for whoever touches it.
Songs that leave bubbles are different from normal songs in that they don't just affect anyone in hearing range--you'll get them automatically because the bubbles drop where you stand, but other players have to physically touch the bubbles or they won't get the buff. That means you'll have to be right near the fight to leave them close to others and others will have to pay attention so they can grab buffs before they fade away.

Hope that explains everything fully. I should really do a guide on this stuff with Iceborne coming to PC soon, there don't seem to be many out there even after all this time that go into detail...
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
(edited 1 week ago)

okidori4life
1 week ago#3
Oh my! Beautiful! MUAH!

Your explanation was both very detailed and easy to follow. This should be printed and framed for all new HH users.

Thank you :)
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

okidori4life
1 week ago#4
Wait, got three follow up questions...

1) can dragon echo wave attack song also be stacked 3 times for more damage like the impact echo?

2) how long does the effect recieved from touching bubbles last for me and party?

3) the length of the bubble effects... are they affected by horn maestro skill?

Thanks again.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN
No problem! I'm always down to help out with HH questions. For that next few:

1. Yes, but they don't stack as well as Impact Waves do. Impact encores outright double/triple in damage depending on how many you play before the encore, but Dragon Waves only add 20 MV and some more elemental damage per stack.
  2. I haven't tested the times without Maestro 2 (there's a Maestro 2 now btw, use it 24/7), but the times seem to be around 4-5 minutes for everything but Extended Recovery which is only 2 minutes.
  3. Yup, see 2. You'll never want to be without Maestro, so the fully boosted durations are the only timers you'll really be worried about. The new 2nd level of the skill adds a good bit of time to all songs,leaving you free to focus on attacking instead of song maintaining.

okidori4life
1 week ago#6
Awesome, that clears it up really nicely for me.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

okidori4life
1 week ago#7
Also... I think I saw a post by you a while ago regarding the safi hh.

Just to make sure, there are up to 4 levels per melody awakensing ya? So attack melody 1-4, element melody 1-4 etc. Ima just tinker around and see which of the melodies I like from the awakens. Gona just save and reload so I dont waste mats.

If I dont wana build all 5 elements for hh (not lota mats left) of the four status type ones, which you recommend for just general use?
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN
okidori4life posted...
Just to make sure, there are up to 4 levels per melody awakensing ya? So attack melody 1-4, element melody 1-4 etc. Ima just tinker around and see which of the melodies I like from the awakens. Gona just save and reload so I dont waste mats.
There's Attack/Element/Stamina I-IV, Earplugs (Nerg notes), and Abnormal Status (Teo notes). All the attacks and stamina 4 are the best ones, and you can use the 2 unique ones if you like those songs. Element and the other stamina ones are kinda lackluster.

okidori4life posted...
If I dont wana build all 5 elements for hh (not lota mats left) of the four status type ones, which you recommend for just general use?
Definitely try to get all the elements if you can eventually, they're verrrrry strong with the right sets. If you had to pick just 1 though, the blast HH is the best general purpose option. The extra blast damage is nice, and the usual raw damage set has some free points in Blast Attack. Poison is the next best, and para/sleep are tied because they have lower starting status values (so you have to drop some damage to boost status to usable amounts). You're pretty much free to use any of them though, as long as the monster doesn't resist it. It's the elemental ones that have to be matched specifically to the right weaknesses for the best results.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#9
Dunno about anyone here but my favoured note set is Attack melody 3.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
6 days ago#10
nuke2099 posted...
Dunno about anyone here but my favoured note set is Attack melody 3.
Same, it has défense and health boost just in case you or a team mate carted or the quest is hard ans you have free time to play it up and the stamina echo is always nice to have

Also about the bubbles, yellow is stamina for sure (the bubble on the ground is yellow but the note you play to pull it out is, in fact blue)

Never used anything else than blast HH, para or sleep In TGL, I'll have to GET and build around other elemental HH but Idk what to make, I like rocking the full safi armor with HH, it just works perfectly
Who reads these anyway
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. HH help!... specifically about the echo notes + bubbles
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers