• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Monster Hunter Tri for Wii worth buying for solo play?

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
1 month ago#1
Wii is the only console I own with more MH games, so is Tri worth a buy for solo play?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: Xtendtion

Xtendtion
1 month ago#2
It's better to invest in 3U on the Wii U, they sell for cheap these days. If you've played 3U already and want the same game with less content and worse controls then get Tri. It's a good game def worth a play, it's just that 3U is better.
Iceborne is a dream come true.

penaferus
1 month ago#3
Xtendtion posted...
It's better to invest in 3U on the Wii U, they sell for cheap these days. If you've played 3U already and want the same game with less content and worse controls then get Tri. It's a good game def worth a play, it's just that 3U is better.

I don't own a Wii U.

User Info: BIGTACO

BIGTACO
1 month ago#4
Tri is pretty good, but is incredibly short as it only has low rank

High rank was a online and the servers shut down a while ago. Not all hope is lost tho if you can figure out how to homebrew your wii and edit all that lost content back in.
Ann Perkins is L I T E R A L L Y my favorite person ever :3

penaferus
1 month ago#5
BIGTACO posted...
Tri is pretty good, but is incredibly short as it only has low rank

High rank was a online and the servers shut down a while ago. Not all hope is lost tho if you can figure out how to homebrew your wii and edit all that lost content back in.
Eh, that stinks. I'll just buy Iceborne instead.

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
1 month ago#6
While it is my personal favorite MH, it is arguably one of the least content filled in the series. And as stated, high rank is locked to online, which requires a workaround.

I hadn't played 3U, but it's mostly Tri but better. Get that for wiiU or 3ds. 3ds in particular if you solo only.

What content Tri does have feels complete and extremely refined for its time. It has one of the best soundtracks (though again, not that 3U doesn't have it too) in the series. Because so few monsters (and weapon types) are actually in, a very large portion of the equipment is quite good too.

Tri specifically had a bunch of monsters more aggressive than their later incarnations. Barroth, Barioth, Jhen Mohran, and Deviljho in particular are ones that, while not necessarily more complex as fights, are far more dangerous than future versions (minus possibly jho, who they keep placing into games).

If you insist on playing tri specifically, I'd just emulate it for the best experience of it today. And as mentioned, can edit the content back in, but isn't quite the same.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 month ago#7
Honestly a used copy is like literally 3 bucks or so. Even if it's extremely lackluster in terms of content, the unique underwater combat and maybe bowgun customization are mildly entertaining.

I don't see this as an either-or scenario. You can just get both, really.

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
1 month ago#8
I have not gunlance

It sucks.

Get 3rd portable, is the same game removing water combat and adding new monsters and restoring weappns.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
1 month ago#9
Tri is the best MH game, but without the online component it's not really worth seeking out, sadly.
"That thick shaft that causes women to shudder!"

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
1 month ago#10
If you own a wii absolutely otherwise grab 3U or p3rd
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Monster Hunter Tri for Wii worth buying for solo play?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers