• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Augmenting MR Weapons

User Info: heavyacademic

heavyacademic
1 month ago#1
Dear Folks,

I have reached the point where I am beginning to be able to augment my weapons. Is there a preferred order of applying augments? Do the augments make a sufficiently large improvement to justify the effort of collecting the maerials?

Thanks in advance.
3DS Friend Code: 0705-2636-2833

User Info: AE_

AE_
1 month ago#2
The augments depend on what type of weapon you are using.

Personally, i dont go out on a hunt with greatsword, lance, hammer switch axe or sns without health augment
3DS FC: 4957-2586-5832
(message deleted)

heavyacademic
1 month ago#4
I have always used a hammer so I will start acquiring the materials for a health augment. Is it possible to transfer the augments to the other hammers in my collection?

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 month ago#5
Kind of. You can remove augments anytime you want and add them to different weapon. But if you don't want to swap augments all the time, you can easily farm materials to augment them all. It is much easier to get mats to augment in this game than in base game.
MHW:Iceborne| Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 month ago#6
Augments can be pulled from weapons, refunding the materials that went into them, so yes you can transfer Augments. However, the required Materials for Augments will differ depending on the Weapon's Rarity.
Rarity also affects how many slots the weapon will have initially and how many extra slots can be added for additional Augments.

The main thing folks aim for is Health asap.
So like, you'll want Rotten Vale at level 5 for R10 weapon Health Augs from Tempered Odoggo and Baan.
Forest at level 6 for R11 Health Augs from Tempered Garuga and Pukei.
And Coral Highlands at level 7 for R12 Health Augs from Tempered Nami and Zin.

Depending on how far away you are from Rank 100 or even Rank 70, it might be in your interest to get an R10 Hammer and rush Vale to level 5 to have something you won't need to worry too much about.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

heavyacademic
1 month ago#7
Thanks for the helpful replies. Somehow I have managed to get to MR105 and I have a variety of R10-R12 Hammers in my gander bag.

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
1 month ago#8
Regardless your weapon healing aug is almost must have.

It serves to negate a lot of stuff like chip damage from blocking, fire blight or poison besides being able to heal back without shealthing.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Augmenting MR Weapons
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers