• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Best Stygi weapons?

User Info: Drducky

Drducky
1 month ago#11
TEzeon431 posted...
HBG is basically a better Loyal Thunder.

If you can even believe that
Worse in terms of dps actually, it only does 1 more damage per pellet if neither have close range mods on, the second you customize them theres a clear difference. It's either drop a shield mod or drop close range on the styg hbg to get it in line with the fire rate of the loyal thunder cause the gun requires two recoil mods
Psn: Drducky97

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#12
Drducky posted...
Worse in terms of dps actually, it only does 1 more damage per pellet if neither have close range mods on, the second you customize them theres a clear difference. It's either drop a shield mod or drop close range on the styg hbg to get it in line with the fire rate of the loyal thunder cause the gun requires two recoil mods
I don't use any recoil mods on my mightning. Although, I only really use spread 3 and 2 close range mods sooooo.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: SolidSnakeCamo

SolidSnakeCamo
1 month ago#13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC0hwdnRr1g

The Stygian Lance is pretty damn good I bodied a tempered Ruiner with it today and was quite satisfied with its results. Not to mention Stygian allows you to increase extra slots from its tempered parts in TGL.
PS4 Ragnarok00 aiming for 2000 Lance uses in Monster Hunter World. 1600+ so far :3

User Info: kyton007

kyton007
1 month ago#14
Wow i just realice that the Gunlance has NORMAL LvL7 ammo @.@ the very first lvl GLance?
PSN ID ~ Militoo
Dragon's Dogma Pawn ~ Harukonamimi Ranger 151 !!

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 month ago#15
king_wallace posted...
It'd be one of the best raw Lances, surpassing Ruiner, if it could get custom augments. As-is it's going to be a bit worse vs low/no dragon weakness, and better vs high dragon weakness.

I am fairly sure it's the best dragon element Lance now, competing with awakened Shara.
It should be better then since Stygians doesn't have a unique look so it should be able to be augmented further.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: UnknownZealot77

UnknownZealot77
1 month ago#16
I would use the LS based on looks alone. I really don't even care if it might be a little weaker than Ruiner.
Psn: Zealotwarrior
"Pull my Devil Trigger"

User Info: kyton007

kyton007
1 month ago#17
UnknownZealot77 posted...
I would use the LS based on looks alone. I really don't even care if it might be a little weaker than Ruiner.
Not really much weakear and probably even better agains dragon weak monsters.
Counterpart is you need to sharp more.
PSN ID ~ Militoo
Dragon's Dogma Pawn ~ Harukonamimi Ranger 151 !!

User Info: BlackHoleEyes

BlackHoleEyes
1 month ago#18
UnknownZealot77 posted...
Unless the beastie is fully immune to dragon, Styg LS is better than Ruiner, as long as you stay purple.
FC: 4854-6425-9460. Rock Safari: Nosepass, Magcargo, Barbaracle

User Info: UnknownZealot77

UnknownZealot77
1 month ago#19
kyton007 posted...
Not really much weakear and probably even better agains dragon weak monsters.
Counterpart is you need to sharp more.

I only mentioned it might be weaker because I haven't used it yet and wasn't sure. If its better Runier than that's great news! Another badass looking LS that is actually viable.
Psn: Zealotwarrior
"Pull my Devil Trigger"

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
1 month ago#20
Armor skill wise is trash. Some weapons might be good/better than current meta.

For melee I suggest wait for math guys to do their job.

For guns I suggest wait for Phemeto video.

For GL wait for CaoSlayer update but I suspect there won't be much difference since all we got was Normal LV7. There might be some new options for best set for Long since R11 got 2 more augment slots.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Best Stygi weapons?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers