• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What new element or status effect do you want in?

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
4 days ago#1
What new element or status effect do you want the devs to come up with next?

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
4 days ago#2
If I had to choose, I'd like to see a proper earth element.
Shield Hero is a discriminatory work

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 days ago#3
The only elements left that could be added are Wind, Earth, Light/Fae, or Dark/Shadow. Dragon covers the last fairly well already, since it's already fairly menacing in appearance.

Earth seems like it'd be too akin to just regular physical attacks. Not much that could stand out about it. Wind is the same way, really. We already have wind more as a knockback thing, and it'd probably be twitchy with the Windproof skill.

Light/Fae probably would be the most interesting to add. A new class of monsters to utilize it, and run counter to some of the Dragon element monsters in the series.

As for status ailments some mental-based ones might work well.

We've got poison to damage the body, paralysis and stun to freeze it in place, and bleed as an ongoing thing.

So stuff like Fear, possibly something like Clumsiness, in order to make you whiff attacks more while under it's effect.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 days ago#4
I want them to come up with Bulls*** Seal, a status effect.
This will prevent a monster from using whatever its gimmick is for the rest of the fight, be it an Elder's special ability/aura or some nonsense like say hellfire mode. In exchange the monster enters a state of constant enrage that it cannot leave and camp is closed off, forcing you to fight it to the bitter end.

GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: MAGAZINE132

MAGAZINE132
4 days ago#5
Corrosion. The equivalent of defense down.
You build up the corrosion enough on a part (imagine blast buildup but part specific), it becomes tenderized for [insert whatever duration is considered to be balanced here].

... technically the status is ingame already (monsters that's hit by barnos/acidic glavenus/edgesaurus defense down attacks will start smoking), but i'm pretty sure it doesn't actually decreases the monster's defense.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
4 days ago#6
I'm so glad there's no light and dark bulls***. It just doesn't go with this game.

If Magala makes a return, we may see some frenzy action. *wink* *wink*
Weight or levity?

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 days ago#7
Unbound-King posted...
I want them to come up with Bulls*** Seal, a status effect.
This will prevent a monster from using whatever its gimmick is for the rest of the fight, be it an Elder's special ability/aura or some nonsense like say hellfire mode. In exchange the monster enters a state of constant enrage that it cannot leave and camp is closed off, forcing you to fight it to the bitter end.

Why not have Bulls*** Seal protect hunters from all of Capcoms bulls***. And then Randumb Seal can protect you from mistakes randoms make.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 days ago#8
SilverHawke27 posted...
Why not have Bulls*** Seal protect hunters from all of Capcoms bulls***. And then Randumb Seal can protect you from mistakes randoms make.

This is impossible because Capcom has a Skill called Bulls*** Blazing, which forces their bulls*** to f*** the players up via Drip Freed content drops, horrible Matchmaking/Online systems, and confusing design decisions.
There is a set bonus based on a couple members present in the Dev team that grant Bulls*** Blazing Secret, allowing them to further f*** the players up in new and wondrous ways, which are yet to be seen.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
4 days ago#9
I just want exhaust to actually work. In the old games you would hit a monster with it repeatedly and they would take a long breather or have noticeably slower movement and it actually felt like it was doing something. I've had a stamina thief build (Using Jho's set bonus) and i could not tell any difference whatsoever and some monsters on this game NEED to chill. (Rajang/Barioth ect)

I also like the defence down corrosive idea someone posted in this thread, i could get on board with that.
I play Monster Hunter. You may of seen me, i'm the one in the fluorescent pink hat.

User Info: EHnter

EHnter
4 days ago#10
gene0129 posted...
If I had to choose, I'd like to see a proper earth element.
Yeah, I feel like there’s more monsters that deals “earth” types of damage than “dragon”

For dragon we only have, Jho, Ebony Odoggo, and now Stygian Zinogre.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What new element or status effect do you want in?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers