• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Rajang Event quest is now up

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
2 months ago#11
zigxzag posted...
Vicious cycle: got hit by his strong horn slam --> ultimate move right after that (your character automatically stands up without any input) --> faint

I carted to Rajang last night because of the auto-stand-up. I didn't even realize what had happened until afterwards, because it was at night in Kushala's forest hangout. So I couldn't see s***.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: dcharms

dcharms
2 months ago#12
Sirk posted...
dcharms posted...
s*** event. We need 2x tempered rajang

Is there any particular reason why you want this? Because a Tempered Rajang event like this would give identical rewards, but just be more difficult.

The reason they made a Scarred Yian Garuga quest is because Scarred is a different species entirely from its non-Tempered version.

The regular Rajang event gives 4 or 5 purple boxes? I tend to see a lot of investigations with 4 or 5, and I'm trying to find some good decos. I may be wrong, but I'd rather fight the tempered if that's best for decos. Honestly I don't find Rajang that hard with a GS. I'd much rather fight him than a Seeting Bazel or Savage Deviljho...

User Info: zigxzag

zigxzag
2 months ago#13
Sirk posted...
zigxzag posted...
Vicious cycle: got hit by his strong horn slam --> ultimate move right after that (your character automatically stands up without any input) --> faint

I carted to Rajang last night because of the auto-stand-up. I didn't even realize what had happened until afterwards, because it was at night in Kushala's forest hangout. So I couldn't see s***.

I've fainted most because of that combo. If you got hit by any of his moves, you can still choose to stand up except that horn slam which is his second strongest move. One thing I notice is if he confirms you got hit by the horn slam move, he will immediately use his ultimate move, if you didn't get hit, he won't use it. If you use lance and in this situation (stand up after being hit with weapon drawn), 100% faint. You can try to block it your hp won't be enought to withstand it at such close range.
In Diablo 3 RoS, Rift Guardians find you

Sirk
2 months ago#14
zigxzag posted...
Sirk posted...
zigxzag posted...

I've fainted most because of that combo. If you got hit by any of his moves, you can still choose to stand up except that horn slam which is his second strongest move. One thing I notice is if he confirms you got hit by the horn slam move, he will immediately use his ultimate move, if you didn't get hit, he won't use it. If you use lance and in this situation (stand up after being hit with weapon drawn), 100% faint. You can try to block it your hp won't be enought to withstand it at such close range.

Can you backhop out of it with Lance? with Evade Extender, perhaps?

User Info: zigxzag

zigxzag
2 months ago#15
Sirk posted...
zigxzag posted...
Sirk posted...
zigxzag posted...

Can you backhop out of it with Lance? with Evade Extender, perhaps?

I think there is not enough time or distance needed to avoid it (I tried many ways) even with evade extend and most lance players don't use evade extend these days and you need lots of skills for lance to face Rajang comfortably (guard 5, mind eye, shield). Maybe someone has a solution for it but I still haven't seen it yet.
In Diablo 3 RoS, Rift Guardians find you

User Info: Hyperion_Dark

Hyperion_Dark
2 months ago#16
Sirk posted...

The reason they made a Scarred Yian Garuga quest is because Scarred is a different species entirely from its non-Tempered version.

This is massively incorrect. Scarred Yian is the same exact species as Yian Garuga. It’s not a sub species, deviant, etc.

A scarred YG is a normal YG that had a crazy battle with a hunter and came out of the ordeal “leveled up”, much like a person grows after a grueling fight. This is why it has the same exact size and physiology as a normal YG

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword" - Matthew 10:34
()zzzzzz[]XX:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

User Info: Rainbowkirby749

Rainbowkirby749
2 months ago#17
Hyperion_Dark posted...
Sirk posted...

This is massively incorrect. Scarred Yian is the same exact species as Yian Garuga. It’s not a sub species, deviant, etc.

A scarred YG is a normal YG that had a crazy battle with a hunter and came out of the ordeal “leveled up”, much like a person grows after a grueling fight. This is why it has the same exact size and physiology as a normal YG

Different species in gameplay, even if not in lore. See also: Black Diablos.
Hypnocatrice is awesome.

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
2 months ago#18
Rainbowkirby749 posted...
Different species in gameplay, even if not in lore. See also: Black Diablos.

Let's just use the word properly. If it's not a sub or rare species then don't call it one.
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.

Sirk
2 months ago#19
@Hyperion_Dark posted...

You misunderstood what I was saying.

Scarred Yian Garuga is different than Yian Garuga for the purpose of getting crowns and for getting a unique item, and fighting / picking up tracks from Scarred yields different investigations than they would from regular Yian Garuga.

For players seeking to unlock Scarred Yian Garuga and get these things, it is functionally a different species. That's why the developers made an event quest for it.

User Info: ToastedSal

ToastedSal
2 months ago#20
They really should've just made a new Yian Garuga or added an old variant/subspecies instead of just making "Yian Garuga, but with a cut"
FC: 3840-7122-7466
P4Ultimax: Adachi, Yosuke, Sho/Smash WiiU: Villager/Pacman
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Rajang Event quest is now up
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A