• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Defender Weapons in December

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
1 month ago#21
I don't know about the damage numbes on these weapons. I think they're suppose to be upgraded as you go along with the story. Kind of how the Guardian armor can still be upgraded with armor spheres up to a point. I can't understand why even bother with these. We already start with a full list of Iron weapons in the inventory box. Will sucks big time if these have Master Rank damage and can't be upgraded. A whole lot of back tracking just to get weapons and armors to get a start at the beginning of Master Rank.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#22
jagger_wanderer posted...
I don't know about the damage numbes on these weapons. I think they're suppose to be upgraded as you go along with the story. Kind of how the Guardian armor can still be upgraded with armor spheres up to a point. I can't understand why even bother with these. We already start with a full list of Iron weapons in the inventory box. Will sucks big time if these have Master Rank damage and can't be upgraded. A whole lot of back tracking just to get weapons and armors to get a start at the beginning of Master Rank.

You are looking at this wrong.

We start with LR Iron weapons. These are going to be MR weapons given for free at the start of a new game. (ie, drastically superior to the LR starting weapons)

If upgraded at all, these will only get new versions in MR itself. But honestly not expecting much beyond raw damage, because you get one version for each category, that means elemental weapons really won't find use for this as soon as you get elemental MR stuff.

This is basically nothing more than a PWNhammer for newbies and weak players to further help them steamroll through LR/HR.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 month ago#23
"These are returning weapons from previous games"
lol no they're not they're World's iron weapons.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: Kipp94

Kipp94
1 month ago#24
Caroniver posted...
"These are returning weapons from previous games"
lol no they're not they're World's iron weapons.

This!
PSN - Kipper_DA_BOSS

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 month ago#25
the_requiem posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
More than likely these are s***ty R9 pieces that won't upgrade.

They'll get dumped in the box just like Guardian was. Because newbies need MR weapons to get through LR and HR.

Yep. I do have a free character slot. gonna try an Lr/HR run with guardian and these weapons. Would be good way to learn a weapon I haven't played before, like CB or Bow.

I'd love to try something like this. But unskippable overly-long cutscenes mean I'd be better off just putting myself in the LR/HR gear and running through again.
But World's design decisions make Assignments un-replayable, so I'd have to figure out the equivalent Optionals.
Overall, it's too much work.

SilverHawke27 posted...

We start with LR Iron weapons. These are going to be MR weapons given for free at the start of a new game. (ie, drastically superior to the LR starting weapons)

If upgraded at all, these will only get new versions in MR itself. But honestly not expecting much beyond raw damage, because you get one version for each category, that means elemental weapons really won't find use for this as soon as you get elemental MR stuff.

This is basically nothing more than a PWNhammer for newbies and weak players to further help them steamroll through LR/HR.

Wasn't Defender Armor High Rank, and only really carried you through LR? Why would the weapons be different.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#26
They should just delete low rank all together in this game. It's by far the worse part of the game. Its trash
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#27
This is the content we've been asking for boys.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
1 month ago#28
SilverHawke27 posted...

Yeah that's what I'm worry about. We might just get more caese where hunters are above MR100 and not know what the 'Hunter's Notes' are for. Or even bother to read the loading tips for that matter.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#29
Yeah that's what I'm worry about. We might just get more caese where hunters are above MR100 and not know what the 'Hunter's Notes' are for. Or even bother to read the loading tips for that matter.

Well they will either have to learn fast or die faster.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 month ago#30
I cleared MR story with Drachen gear for the same reason this gear exists. Stopping your progression to farm a stop-gap set that you know will be obsolete soon after anyway is not fun. It is tedious.

It is more fun to rush to the end game then start working on getting properly geared.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Defender Weapons in December
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers