• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Steamworks has patterns

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
3 weeks ago#1
I'm sure a lot of people have held R2 or managed to figure out there is a pattern but aren't quite sure what it is. I've kind of figured that Square X Triangle happens and is sometimes followed by Triangle X Square but not always.

I thought I cracked the code but I was wrong 😒

Anyway someone sort of did https://youtu.be/QPAZzHhHcuo

But the patterns aren't 100% in order they work often enough that I've gotten all gold and blue rewards a few times using his "guide"

User Info: KingofDungPie

KingofDungPie
3 weeks ago#2
How are the rewards using this method? Seems celestial wyvern prints are very rare even when guessing the right pattern.
"chainstabbing me to death about ten times, laughing and talking s*** the whole time as if anybody should be impressed by his capacity to press R1."

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
3 weeks ago#3
KingofDungPie posted...
How are the rewards using this method? Seems celestial wyvern prints are very rare even when guessing the right pattern.

I didn't have the Wyvern Print when I tested it out the first time but I got all gold and blue rewards.

If the patterns don't work in order just pay attention to which one you got right.

Like if you tried X Square Triangle but only got Square right then logic would dictate try Triangle Square X next.

I've noticed you can sometimes get away with using the same patter two to three (very rarely four) times in a row so you should at least repeat the same winning pattern once just in case.

But yeah he wasn't lying about X Square Triangle being the most common pattern and Square Triangle X following behind it.

Honestly that's one thing I semi noticed and one of thd reasons I thought I cracked the code. I thought it went in order. As in the same pattern happens you just swap it.

Like X Square Triangle would next be X Triangle Square then Square Triangle X and so on...but I was wrong. My idea worked sometimes but not enough to be like "AHA! I FIGURED IT OUT!"

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 weeks ago#4
I tested out the percentages over 3 runs, with holding R2.

It's something like around 180-200 reward items total with doing that, and the ratio is like 5% for the red quality items, around 30% or so for the yellow quality, and 60% or so for the gray quality.

Most of the time it takes around 5 minutes to reach overdrive and fuel consumption is 1500.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 weeks ago#5
KingofDungPie posted...
Seems celestial wyvern prints are very rare even when guessing the right pattern.

I got this reward one time, and I took a photo for reference. It wasn't preceded by correct guesses. I suspect that it's actually just a completely random reward whenever you guess right for a red reward, and it's simply very unlikely to happen.

I had thought before that you'd only get it if you got like 3 or 4 red rewards correct consecutively, but that wasn't even close to what happened, it appears.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 weeks ago#6
Considering abundance of fuel and steamworks is what I do when am kinda AFK, R2 works fine enough. This should be useful for those who haven't hit TGL yet and won't for a while.
MHW:Iceborne| Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
3 weeks ago#7
Took almost 2 hours to burn 40k last week for me. I'll keep using R2 while surfing the internet.

Is there a way to avoid pressing R2 again when it pauses?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 weeks ago#8
tokerblue posted...
Took almost 2 hours to burn 40k last week for me. I'll keep using R2 while surfing the internet.

I'm sure it's possible to make some kind of machine with a hook that's set to pull the R2 trigger up every 5 minutes or so. I can't think of a simple way to automate that without using electricity. Actually, I can't think of any way to automate it, because I'm not an engineer.

This has occurred to me, though, and I would love to figure it out.

EDIT: Whoops, you said avoid pressing R2. I thought you meant, to have it lift the button again and push it down after the cutscene happens, so that you can literally let it run for hours without having to interact with the game at all.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: KingofDungPie

KingofDungPie
3 weeks ago#9
tokerblue posted...

Yeah that’s kinda the trade off. If the rewards are good enough it might be worth taking the rubber band off the controller. Input effort vs reward I guess.
"chainstabbing me to death about ten times, laughing and talking s*** the whole time as if anybody should be impressed by his capacity to press R1."

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
3 weeks ago#10
I just R2 it. I’ve already got 14 prints and 300 vouchers, 9999 max potions and 9999 mega nutrients. It’s just a zenny provider and doesn’t do much of that.
Depression and anxiety are not a lifestyle. You don't have to suffer. Get professional help. I did, and it saved my life.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Steamworks has patterns
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

do people still play mhw? Tech Support4 Answers
New to MHW, do I need Iceborne? Main Quest8 Answers
Investigate the Rotten Vale? Side Quest3 Answers
Where do I find guiding coral dragonbone? Side Quest1 Answer
Barioth DB or Beotodus DB? Build2 Answers