• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Which generation of Monster Hunter did you start with?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#1
What Fleet are you a member of? - Results (428 votes)
1st Fleet (Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter G, Monster Hunter Freedom)
26.17% (112 votes)
2nd Fleet (Monster Hunter Dos, Freedom 2, Freedom Unite)
19.39% (83 votes)
3rd Fleet (Monster Hunter Tri, Portable 3rd, 3 Ultimate)
32.48% (139 votes)
4th Fleet (Monster Hunter 4, 4 Ultimate, Generations, Generations Ultimate)
5.61% (24 votes)
5th Fleet (Monster Hunter World)
16.36% (70 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I noticed that each of the 5 fleets represents a generation of the Monster Hunter series. I started playing the series way back in Tri on the Wii and have played every mainline western release ever since, so I guess that would make me a 3rd Fleet Veteran. I think it would have been neat if at character creation you could choose what fleet you were a part of for some cosmetic changes. Also I've heard that World had the largest influx of new players in the entire series, so I made a poll to see how true that is.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
4 weeks ago#2
I started with 3U on the WiiU.
I thought it looked kinda dumb before that... now past me looks dumb for thinking that lol
Gaming while on a treadmill

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#3
Aiye deer fiver.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
4 weeks ago#4
Started with the first but I barely played it. So I count freedom 2 as my first.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#5
HeliosMagi posted...
Also I've heard that World had the largest influx of new players in the entire series, so I made a poll to see how true that is.

Oh, this poll won't answer that question at all. Just like Reddit will skew you towards younger audiences, GameFAQs skews towards older audiences. You're gonna find a lot of people here who started with 1 or FU, far more than you would on other sites.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#6
Found a pretty nice Reddit post on how each fleet symbolizes a generation of Monster Hunter players:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7k6dco/the_five_fleets_are_a_symbol_for_the_five/
I highly recommend giving it a read.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: GodsPoison

GodsPoison
4 weeks ago#7
I started with Tri on the Wii, i miss my boi lagiacrus.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
4 weeks ago#8
HeliosMagi posted...
Found a pretty nice Reddit post on how each fleet symbolizes a generation of Monster Hunter players:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7k6dco/the_five_fleets_are_a_symbol_for_the_five/
I highly recommend giving it a read.

That was fun
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: ZavierTheHunter

ZavierTheHunter
4 weeks ago#9
Fifth Fleet. But when I get the money and chance, I'll try to play the older games. I like a lot of the older monsters that aren't even in World, like Lagiacrus, Dalamadur, Gore Magala, Astalos, etc.
Here is a wild signature in its natural habitat. Oh wait, that's not a signature...i-it's GRAND METROPOLIS!

User Info: FluffyHeretic

FluffyHeretic
4 weeks ago#10
Proud to say I started with the very first game, although I wouldn't say I'd go back. I have very, VERY fond memories from then, but oh boy has Monster Hunter come a long way. It's my favorite franchise, so watching it evolve and grow in popularity in the west (culminating in World's massive success) over the years has been special to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Which generation of Monster Hunter did you start with?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers