• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Wall slam first before mounting/attacking

User Info: EHnter

EHnter
1 week ago#1
If the monster has a yellow eye on the map while fighting it, you're able to flinch shot it to a wall.

In addition, if the monster has been launched into a wall already and the eye-icon hasn't changed to red, you can still launch it again to a wall, but you can't change the monsters direction. Just hop on its face, hope it's facing a wall already and flinch shot right away.

Once the monster is aggro, then you can try for a mount. But this is just guideline, you run your hunt however you want.

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
1 week ago#2
EHnter posted...
In addition, if the monster has been launched into a wall already and the eye-icon hasn't changed to red, you can still launch it again to a wall, but you can't change the monsters direction. Just hop on its face, hope it's facing a wall already and flinch shot right away.

Wrong. If a monster was already shot against a wall and didn't rage imedaitely after that, you can change its direction one time only.

Otherwise yeah, if we're talking about efficiency, then you should save the mount strategically for specific situation during the monster's rage state and/or if you need control over the fight back.
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)

User Info: EHnter

EHnter
1 week ago#3
Symphoenixa posted...
Wrong. If a monster was already shot against a wall and didn't rage imedaitely after that, you can change its direction one time only.

Otherwise yeah, if we're talking about efficiency, then you should save the mount strategically for specific situation during the monster's rage state and/or if you need control over the fight back.
Sometimes it rages after changing even once, I just flinch shot right away just in case, but I'll test it out.

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
1 week ago#4
EHnter posted...
Sometimes it rages after changing even once

Yep, it rages after changing it once, but if you shoot it immediately after you changed its direction, you get the shot just in time.
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)

User Info: KingofDungPie

KingofDungPie
1 week ago#5
It’s better to just use the first wall bang as an opener to get a free soften in the face. After the wall bang clutch claw the face and hit the face three times with the claw, then use clutch claw attack. This causes the monster to immediately enrage when it gets up.
"chainstabbing me to death about ten times, laughing and talking s*** the whole time as if anybody should be impressed by his capacity to press R1."

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#6
KingofDungPie posted...
It’s better to just use the first wall bang as an opener to get a free soften in the face. After the wall bang clutch claw the face and hit the face three times with the claw, then use clutch claw attack. This causes the monster to immediately enrage when it gets up.

For light weapons, yes. This is the safest and surest way to get the weak spot wounded.

For heavy weapons that can immediately wound, I like going for the claw attack first, then the wall slam.
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
1 week ago#7
as a hammer user

I can start the battle with a wound, wall slam, big bang combo while its down, wall slam again before it enrages as long as I don't change its direction more than once

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
1 week ago#8
"psa" strikes again
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: cx6998

cx6998
1 week ago#9
Just remember you have a total number of 4 actions (including the flinch shot) once you're clawed onto the monster in normal situations.
Peace cannot be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding
-Albert Einstein

User Info: NovaSolstice

NovaSolstice
1 week ago#10
Symphoenixa posted...
EHnter posted...

ALSO wrong! MUAHA!

Erm, you're playing the rng game after the first wall slam. It's just weighted against you harder. I've had the monster get enraged over the grabbing attack from the clutch claw and I've also had them be clutch slapped twice.
SUPA MA KOMUFU FIGHTA... BRUCE U!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Wall slam first before mounting/attacking
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers