• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Wyvern Impact Silver is good, idk what people are talking about

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#1
Access to NEB
The most easily accessible purple sharpness of all GS
You can run Handicraft to negate the need for MT/PP
Or not run it at all and just run MT

Purple + NEB beats Ruiner Nerg GS
No need for Handicraft beats Acidic Glavenus GS (the extra points get dumped into Agitator)

The only downside to this weapon at all is the -15% base affinity, which does suck and prevents it from being the outright best in slot GS

So is it the best GS? Not by the wide margin that Wyvern Ignition was in HR, but I'd say its at least a top 3 GS in MR
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?

User Info: crashman222

crashman222
1 week ago#2
Nice, all the talk had me disappointed. Still sad about black eagle because I use CB as well. Thanks for the info boss.
"Are you mentally challenged and this is how you reach sxual climax?" - IMRavnos
Psn: tomahawkman22

User Info: Malzel

Malzel
1 week ago#3
-15 aff means it's more difficult to maintain 10 hits of purple with master's touch, so you'll likely be investing in some handicraft

And if so you may as well be using the Shara GS, which you seem to be neglecting. More raw, more affinity, same slots, defense bonus, reaches purple at handicraft 3.
Hesitation is defeat.

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
1 week ago#4
TEzeon431 posted...
So is it the best GS? Not by the wide margin that Wyvern Ignition was in HR, but I'd say its at least a top 3 GS in MR

Sadly not even top 5 at this point.

User Info: Tj_11

Tj_11
1 week ago#5
270 true raw, -15% negative affinity, low enough purple sharpness so you'd want to either run handicraft or MT, rarity 12. It's okay, probably top 5 in Iceborne so far, but it's not better than AG or Rajang for speed running and not better than Shara/Nerg when it comes to comfy builds.
Best looking GS in the game by far, though.

TEzeon431
1 week ago#6
Antari18 posted...
TEzeon431 posted...

What are the top 5 then?

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
1 week ago#7
TEzeon431 posted...
Antari18 posted...
TEzeon431 posted...

What are the top 5 then?

Acidic Glav
Rajang
Shara
Zorah Magdaros
Ruiner Nerg
Rathalos/Velkhana elemental GS on 3 star weak monsters with FC/CD

Wyvern Ignition looks interesting only when it comes to element. It gets 990 fire element with Fire attack lvl6 and coalescence lvl2. It might be good on 3 star weak to Fire like Kirin or G.Jaggras.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#8
10 hits of purple sharpness and negative 15% affinity in a post MM nerfed world

versus

something like 100 hits of natural white sharpness (no need for sharpness maintenance skills) and no negative affinity
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

TEzeon431
1 week ago#9
Antari18 posted...
Acidic Glav
Rajang
Shara
Zorah Magdaros
Ruiner Nerg
Rathalos/Velkhana elemental GS on 3 star weak monsters with FC/CD

I've never seen anyone play Rathalos or Velkhana GS, if they do it on elemental matchups then I wouldn't know because I don't see much at all of elemental GS

For raw, I do think Wyvern Impact Silver edges out Ruiner Nerg. All you need is Handicraft, and the purple is practically on par with the white of Nerg's GS. Also it gets NEB which Nerg doesn't.

Acidic Glavenus is the best GS if you want DPS, but it can't run frostcraft since it needs MT to maintain that small sliver of purple sharpness it gets. You can run frostcraft on Wyvern Impact Silver, MT is not a necessity (but can be an option if you want to go that route).

I would personally say the top 3 GS are Acidic Galvenus, Wyvern Impact Silver, and Rajang GS.

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
1 week ago#10
I don't think anybody said it's not good. It's just not the best. Correct me if I'm wrong but Acid/Shara are still the top GS picks right? Is Ape's unga bunga club up there despite it not being able to NEB?
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Wyvern Impact Silver is good, idk what people are talking about
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers