• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Wow, RE event quest is so damn disappointing... spoilers, sigh.

User Info: derkadurp

derkadurp
3 days ago#1
I cannot believe for Final Fantasy and Witcher they made incredible unique bosses, for Witcher even a little side quest series, but for this they re-used an existing dragon with absolutely nothing unique except using "Green Herbs" to cure the blight.

I wish theyd have at least made a layered gear instead of a gear set that kind of sucks, I can't believe how little thought went into this, I am disappoint.

User Info: Snazzy21

Snazzy21
3 days ago#2
I kinda agree, more effort went into the trailer than the event its self...
3DS Friend code 4613-7498-1738

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
3 days ago#3
well, they kinda need to treat other companies properties better than their own properties when doing these crossovers.

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
3 days ago#4
Better then the street fighter and mega man events though.
If you obey Lucifer and are 100% proud of it, copy this and make it your signature! RPGs Beaten: 666

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 days ago#5
MakotoYuri posted...

And DMC, which was just 4 red monsters in arena.
MHW:Iceborne| Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: Hayoam

Hayoam
3 days ago#6
the_requiem posted...
MakotoYuri posted...

And DMC, which was just 4 red monsters in arena.

They were evolving with each event now they devolving.
"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you ?"

User Info: EHnter

EHnter
3 days ago#7
They don’t have to put that much effort since it’s from their own company. If it’s 3rd party, they have to put some effort.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 days ago#8
I liked this a lot more precisely for the reasons listed. Behemoth and (Ancient) Leshen felt cool at first, but latter just got annoying with their always-on multiplayer HP scaling and the load of bulls*** moves. The RE stuff gives a cool, unique and hilarious spin to an existing monster, with no real bulls*** attached. I'm loving it!
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
Deaga posted...
I liked this a lot more precisely for the reasons listed. Behemoth and (Ancient) Leshen felt cool at first, but latter just got annoying with their always-on multiplayer HP scaling and the load of bulls*** moves. The RE stuff gives a cool, unique and hilarious spin to an existing monster, with no real bulls*** attached. I'm loving it!

I love it too. It's way better than forcing other games mons on to mh.
Ign: TheSoldier hr350 mhw, hr500 mhgen, hr800 mh4u. I main Gs, Cb, Hh, Lbg, Hbg, and Ls.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
3 days ago#10
Gonna have to disagree. I actually think this has been the best event so far because of the gestures, the cool green/red herb mechanic in the Vaal hunt and i absolutely love the typewriter and item box in your room. It also helps that both Leon and Claire's armour sets are usable at end-game with some tweaking.

Also I know it sounds cool to introduce new monsters from other series but in practise, i've genuinely hated it. Behemoth's ecliptic meteor was BS and i still think that fight is stupid and would of been instantly more fun without that stupid mechanic and the armour that came with that event ruined World because it was too good. The Witcher event had one of the worst bosses in the series and was so dumb that the harder form was actually proven to be almost unbeatable for certain weapons solo.

Capcom should do more cross-overs but they should keep it like they've done with the Resident evil event. Add some cool features that doesn't spoil the "feel" of the game yet are fun to mess around with. Also for gods sake, add layered armour for EVERY cross-over.
I play Monster Hunter. You may of seen me, i'm the one in the fluorescent pink hat.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Wow, RE event quest is so damn disappointing... spoilers, sigh.
  • Post New Message