• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If nergigante is going to face a encounter with a black dragon...

User Info: Dontek

Dontek
1 week ago#1
He is going to need help from the hunters.
... Or another Nergigante. Maybe even four of them are needed to hunt a black dragon.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...

User Info: Hayoam

Hayoam
1 week ago#3
jagger_wanderer posted...
... Or another Nergigante. Maybe even four of them are needed to hunt a black dragon.

Only one would be enough, You underestimate Nergi power.
"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you ?"

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#4
IB Fatalis can't happen soon enough so it can rip apart Ruiner Nergigante limb from limb in a cutscene.

User Info: Dontek

Dontek
1 week ago#5

Something tells me that the nergigante are not exactly pack hunters.

User Info: EclipseBringer

EclipseBringer
1 week ago#6
Hayoam posted...

Only one would be enough, You underestimate Nergi power.

Nerg is undoubtably the strongest monster in the game as is, that being said, he's no black dragon. If he could handle a black dragon, he would be classified as a black dragon. As they aren't a species, it's basically just a classification of their utter destructive power.

If Ruiner Nergi could even get a hit or two in, it would be a victory for him. Before he's utterly annihilated.
There is no difference between a Wrathful God, and a Vengeful Devil, Brand me with either. The Difference between Man, and God, is you have something to Fear

User Info: Enutrof1

Enutrof1
1 week ago#7
Even in canon some hunters manage to slay Fatalis, which should be impossible for a monster capable of destroying the world. And their lore is defined more by myth than fact. So trying to define how strong they are relative to any other monster that is also not very well defined is difficult. But being the strongest doesn't necessarily make them untouchable.

Are we really going to suggest that the full-sized Dalamadur in the vale wouldn't be a natural disaster wherever it went? Or Shara Ishvalda and its ability to topple mountains just by passing under them couldn't destroy the world if it tried? They're both Elder Dragons capable of the feats of destruction generally ascribed to Black Dragons so the Black Dragons don't have to be at an impossible level of strength over them to maintain their status.
Shara is also a previously completely unknown Elder Dragon, so the claim of the Black Dragons being the strongest of all monsters doesn't necessarily have to apply to it, or even Xeno for that matter. And if Ruiner was willing to hunt Shara, well...
Would it ever beat a Fatalis? Probably not, but I bet it'd give it a decent run for its money.
#EdelgardDidEverythingRight

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
1 week ago#8
Nerg will recruit Alatreon to take out Fatalis.
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: Enutrof1

Enutrof1
1 week ago#9
SpinKirby posted...
Nerg will recruit Alatreon to take out Fatalis.

But then oh who's that coming out of the stands? It's Dire Miralis with a folding chair! He's hit Ruiner Nergigante in the back of the head, he's broke his spike! The Eater of Elders is out cold ladies and gentlemen, what an upset! And the Refs are doing nothing about it!
#EdelgardDidEverythingRight

User Info: 2perninja

2perninja
1 week ago#10
EclipseBringer posted...
basically just a classification of their utter destructive power.

Oohhhhh I always thought that was the description given to fatalis. Like how nergs was "eater of elders" or something. Can't remember an example atm.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If nergigante is going to face a encounter with a black dragon...
  • Post New Message