• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What ranged weps are actually worth using at range?

User Info: Tiro

Tiro
3 weeks ago#11
Fairycancel posted...
What ranged weps are actually worth using at range?

You play with me almost every week and dare ask this?

User Info: XImperialDragon

XImperialDragon
3 weeks ago#12
Pierce is definitely worth using. It's not as strong as spread but it's a viable option that won't leave you completely gimped, and you'll still likely complete hunts within 10 minutes using it (though you won't be getting sub 5's against MR6+ monsters, obv). Normal 3 isn't terrible either and it's a reasonable weapon to use the Special Scope on plus it can actually run life honing so that's neat. Normal 3 is the one I've used the least but... it's pretty serviceable.

Sticky LBG/HBG can be used as fairly long ranges since the only thing that cares about crit distance is the initial impact of the sticky round (which already deals fairly pathetic damage). The explosions give 0 s*** about where you are in relation, from what I understand. Obviously don't cross map with it or you'll miss a lot of shots (and the rounds disappear after a fairly long distance).

Bow is just fun. I've been a long-time bow player (I've used it in FU, Tri, P3rd, 3U, 4U, Gen, and GU), and spamming shots doesn't feel right to me either, and it took a lot more time to pick up the changes than most of the other weapons, but you're likely going to be within Normal to Spread shots distance to monsters- bow has never been an actual ranged weapon in that you can fire a safe distance from the monster and World continues that streak, lol.
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
3 weeks ago#13
Tiro posted...
Fairycancel posted...
What ranged weps are actually worth using at range?

You play with me almost every week and dare ask this?

You are the first one that complains about this lol, you are great thou, just hard to gauge since you are awesome either way
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

Fairycancel
3 weeks ago#14
@Tiro also, the only shot I notice while playing melee is sticky because well, it sticks xD
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Tiro

Tiro
3 weeks ago#15
Fairycancel posted...
@Tiro also, the only shot I notice while playing melee is sticky because well, it sticks xD

I see, that's my bad. I'll be sure to bring clusters next time.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
3 weeks ago#16
Pierce is very nice with the scope for firing at range.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World Iceborne on PC @ 000 FPS and 0000x0000 resolution at Highest settings

User Info: Saltyman

Saltyman
3 weeks ago#17
Pierce 3 is a lot better now but still really situational, there's some weird issues with critical range and ranged up mods not working on most of the hits. Sticky 3 ammo is actually kind of broken in Iceborne though. I really like the Zorah and Rajang HBGs, they actually have pretty good DPS just spamming stickies.
https://www.youtube.com/c/SaltymanGaming

Fairycancel
3 weeks ago#18
Tiro posted...
Fairycancel posted...

I see, that's my bad. I'll be sure to bring clusters next time.

I had enough of those... gifts from you on generations thank you very much :V

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
3 weeks ago#19
Pierce and Sticky, as mentioned already. Elemental LBG doesn't need to be in the monsters face, but they do need to stay in critical distance.
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What ranged weps are actually worth using at range?
  • Topic Archived