• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Podcast with AkantoreX & Vanov

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
4 weeks ago#51
cooolio posted...
Hayoam posted...
They referenced TCS, which has already created a topic about that.

Did you even listen to the podcast bro.

In the middle of the video he said the whole community should rally behind the speedrunners and give them support but then in the last quarter proceeded to mock said group he wanted support from and tell them to stay away from meta speedrun topics and just shut up in general.
Even the guests sounded uncomfortable during this segment and with his own words he called himself Elitist but not toxic. Lmao

I know but my point is that this shows how speedrunners as a whole are not the problem.

"lol You must be talking about speedrunners, cuz that sentence describe the podcast accurately.

Well said brother".

When you generalize like that you fuel the tension. Instead of focusing only on Griffited, you should focus on the main issue and look at the two who were respectful and recognize the positive side. Work to fix the problem.

pretty sure the guy just wants to flame instead of working on "fixing" the problem

User Info: Hayoam

Hayoam
4 weeks ago#52
cooolio posted...
Hayoam posted...

In the middle of the video he said the whole community should rally behind the speedrunners and give them support but then in the last quarter proceeded to mock said group he wanted support from and tell them to stay away from meta speedrun topics and just shut up in general.
Even the guests sounded uncomfortable during this segment and with his own words he called himself Elitist but not toxic. Lmao

I know but my point is that this shows how speedrunners as a whole are not the problem.

"lol You must be talking about speedrunners, cuz that sentence describe the podcast accurately.

Well said brother".

When you generalize like that you fuel the tension. Instead of focusing only on Griffited, you should focus on the main issue and look at the two who were respectful and recognize the positive side. Work to fix the problem.

Ma bad I didn't mean to generalize, that came off wrong.
I just meant how the podcast went.
I actually respect speedrunners(That doesn't demand respect) cuz they are highly skilled in whatever game.

AkantoreX had some very good points the beginning but he kept being interrupted by the host and at the end I feel like he got confused and went with whatever the host is saying. :?
"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you ?"

Hayoam
4 weeks ago#53
ineedsearch posted...
cooolio posted...
Hayoam posted...

Well said brother".

pretty sure the guy just wants to flame instead of working on "fixing" the problem

Yes taste my Flamethrower n00b.
Git Gud

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
4 weeks ago#54
nuke2099 posted...
digidevilwil posted...
nuke2099 posted...
I posted in the comments of your video but I will mention this bit here as well.

I think the clutch claw was a mistake and like what you guys brought up in the video it's advertised as an optional tool except they actually made it mandatory. However if it was to be nerfed the monster health would also have to be nerfed because it was bloated mainly because of the clutch claw. I don't like being forced to use the clutch claw and it feels unnatural especially the new flinch animation the monsters do which like you brought up doesn't make sense.

Still find this idea that clutch claw is considered “mandatory” I’m not even speedrunner skill level and I’ve never found it mandatory. It definitely helps and has obvious perks and benefits, but mandatory is the oxygen we breathe to survive, which the clutch claw is not.

If you don't use it at all you're hurting yourself. It's not optional unless you want to take a really long time to kill something for whatever reason especially since the hitzones were made worse and the health increased because of the claw.

Define “really long time” also I’m aware that it helps and makes things easier, I even said that. Mandatory however is a different thing entirely. There is nothing remotely mandatory about it. It doesn’t make the difference between a good run and a bad run. If you’re a good player, you will finish the hunt fast and with the claw it will be faster but not by a crazy margin, but if you’re a bad player, you’re going to take a really long time regardless if you use the claw or not.

It’s not like using the claw is going to shave 8+ minutes off a hunt, more like 3-5 minutes.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: Griffted

Griffted
4 weeks ago#55
Hayoam posted...
cooolio posted...
Hayoam posted...

Well said brother".

Ma bad I didn't mean to generalize, that came off wrong.
I just meant how the podcast went.
I actually respect speedrunners(That doesn't demand respect) cuz they are highly skilled in whatever game.

AkantoreX had some very good points the beginning but he kept being interrupted by the host and at the end I feel like he got confused and went with whatever the host is saying. :?

Interesting while we were recording it didn't feel like I hijacked the conversation but that is good to keep in mind for next time.
I make Hunting Horn videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/Griffted

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
4 weeks ago#56
Hayoam posted...
Yes because you can totally learn to speedrun Ninja Gaiden 2 with no saves, retries and no damage like some Japanese dude on the internet.

Look some people are more talented than others, the sooner you accept the fact the better.

I get it there is some things people can learn to be good but there's limit to that as it won't make them godlike in the game.

The host trying to justify saying Git gud to others as motivation is pretty laughable.
Git Gud is an insult used by people to make other people angry basically trolling when they beat then in a game.

That's a nice hyperbole you got there.

I'm fairly certain that nearly everyone here would be able to clear Ninja Gaiden 2 "with no saves, retries and no damage like some Japanese dude on the internet" like you used as an example. For some it'd take a couple of days' worth of attempts, for some it'd take a couple of weeks, for some it'd take a couple of months, for some it'd take a couple of years, for some it might take a couple of decades, but that's all besides the point. That's the end goal.

The way you're phrasing it, you're heavily implying, or straight up saying that if a casual or a random person played Ninja Gaiden 2 (which I'm only still using as an example cuz you mentioned it as an example for your hyperbole), they're always gonna die the same amount of times in the same level, they're always gonna take the same hits, they're always gonna have to save and reload at the same spot. It doesn't matter if it's your first go at the game or the 10th, since you're a blind man-like casual, if you died to the first enemy once, you're always going to die to it. And by contrast, "Japanese dude on the internet" randomly picked up the controller one day to a game that he never heard of, and instantly cleared it all with "with no saves, retries and no damage", because "some people are more talented than others".

Sounds to me like you're just trying to give excuses to remain bad at the game and playing at the same skill level 500 to 1000 hours after you started playing it. Just git gud or quit instead of pretending that nobody can git gud cuz you don't want to.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#57
digidevilwil posted...
nuke2099 posted...
digidevilwil posted...
nuke2099 posted...
I posted in the comments of your video but I will mention this bit here as well.

I think the clutch claw was a mistake and like what you guys brought up in the video it's advertised as an optional tool except they actually made it mandatory. However if it was to be nerfed the monster health would also have to be nerfed because it was bloated mainly because of the clutch claw. I don't like being forced to use the clutch claw and it feels unnatural especially the new flinch animation the monsters do which like you brought up doesn't make sense.

Still find this idea that clutch claw is considered “mandatory” I’m not even speedrunner skill level and I’ve never found it mandatory. It definitely helps and has obvious perks and benefits, but mandatory is the oxygen we breathe to survive, which the clutch claw is not.

If you don't use it at all you're hurting yourself. It's not optional unless you want to take a really long time to kill something for whatever reason especially since the hitzones were made worse and the health increased because of the claw.

Define “really long time” also I’m aware that it helps and makes things easier, I even said that. Mandatory however is a different thing entirely. There is nothing remotely mandatory about it. It doesn’t make the difference between a good run and a bad run. If you’re a good player, you will finish the hunt fast and with the claw it will be faster but not by a crazy margin, but if you’re a bad player, you’re going to take a really long time regardless if you use the claw or not.

It’s not like using the claw is going to shave 8+ minutes off a hunt, more like 3-5 minutes.

That's completely wrong.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

Hayoam
4 weeks ago#58
zxxcman posted...
Hayoam posted...
Yes because you can totally learn to speedrun Ninja Gaiden 2 with no saves, retries and no damage like some Japanese dude on the internet.

Look some people are more talented than others, the sooner you accept the fact the better.

I get it there is some things people can learn to be good but there's limit to that as it won't make them godlike in the game.

The host trying to justify saying Git gud to others as motivation is pretty laughable.
Git Gud is an insult used by people to make other people angry basically trolling when they beat then in a game.

That's a nice hyperbole you got there.

I'm fairly certain that nearly everyone here would be able to clear Ninja Gaiden 2 "with no saves, retries and no damage like some Japanese dude on the internet" like you used as an example. For some it'd take a couple of days' worth of attempts, for some it'd take a couple of weeks, for some it'd take a couple of months, for some it'd take a couple of years, for some it might take a couple of decades, but that's all besides the point. That's the end goal.

The way you're phrasing it, you're heavily implying, or straight up saying that if a casual or a random person played Ninja Gaiden 2 (which I'm only still using as an example cuz you mentioned it as an example for your hyperbole), they're always gonna die the same amount of times in the same level, they're always gonna take the same hits, they're always gonna have to save and reload at the same spot. It doesn't matter if it's your first go at the game or the 10th, since you're a blind man-like casual, if you died to the first enemy once, you're always going to die to it. And by contrast, "Japanese dude on the internet" randomly picked up the controller one day to a game that he never heard of, and instantly cleared it all with "with no saves, retries and no damage", because "some people are more talented than others".

Sounds to me like you're just trying to give excuses to remain bad at the game and playing at the same skill level 500 to 1000 hours after you started playing it. Just git gud or quit instead of pretending that nobody can git gud cuz you don't want to.

lol this n00b I never heard of is calling me a n00b for some reason.

https://psnprofiles.com/White-Phoenix7

Here I'm on the top 50 in the world in term of speed completion aka 100% in most of these games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising.
I have an older Account with more records and I don't even play for records I just achieve them naturally.
But I'm bad right? Now how about you? Are you gud or just a pretender?

Dumbn00b. lel

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
4 weeks ago#59
Hayoam posted...
lol this n00b I never heard of is calling me a n00b for some reason.

https://psnprofiles.com/White-Phoenix7

Here I'm on the top 50 in the world in term of speed completion aka 100% in most of these games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising.
I have an older Account with more records and I don't even play for records I just achieve them naturally.
But I'm bad right? Now how about you? Are you gud or just a pretender?

Dumbn00b. lel

That’s a nice hypocritical turn of events.

You went on to pretend that you’re some kind of champion for casuals saying that speedrunners and top players look down on you and that you’re like a blind man that can’t learn, now you’re trying to act like you’re the be all end all looking down on people.

You’re just the kind of trash you’re accusing the good people in the podcast of being.

Lastly, that “proof” of yours doesn’t really showcase you as an exceptional or even good player. It’s just trophies. It just shows that you got a lot of free time on your hands. Go get a job or something.

I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
4 weeks ago#60
Eh, the only "trophy" collector that's any good are from the likes of players like horheristo.

I put the "" on trophy in this case because the guy is basically a god in pretty much every title he plays; so the trophies (even ones that have a 0.05% rate or less) come naturally. Some people are truly the hardcore of hardcore gaming.
Purification in progress...
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Podcast with AkantoreX & Vanov
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers