• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Pots ultimate offense sns set

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
4 weeks ago#1
Lotus (shara sns)
Teo b
Brute rex b
Teo b
Teo b
Garuga b
Handi talisman @ max

Crit 7
We 3
Cb 3
Atk 4
Flinch 1
Evade window 3
Hb 3
Handi 5
Neb

The brutal charms it requires are brace/evasion, tenderizer/hb, crit/hb, handi/hb, evasion 4

Not built for speed runs however it will output the damage comparable, so the argument would be dropping something like atk and evade window for agitator. I dont like PP for sns as I dont believe personally that sns weapons warrant health augments since the recovery rate is so low.

This is more of a balanced quality build, the atk 4 is more for the 5% crit that puts you at 95% with weakened parts. The evade window 3 makes you invincible as you can roll after every combo, it also effects back hops, and adds that buffer for rolling roars, which is pretty much like a manual input set of earplugs.

My combo rotation is shield dunks and perfect rushes on downed, a full shield dunk rotation nets you around 500 per combo and your perfect rush can get as high as 1200 if your timing is right, making it comparable to element based sets which are even harder to max out than this. For monsters like rajang I still attempt shield dunks, however his hit box is tiny and his speed makes it harder, I'll fall back to slash combos as need.

You can ditch the evasion window easily to convert to a tgl set swapping for fortify and geology comfortably.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
4 weeks ago#2
>not built for speedruns
>stopped reading right there...criminal scum
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky
Wish I could flap wings and fly away

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
4 weeks ago#3
The game is pretty lame right now so I was thinking of making a sns.
I'll try this but just remember that non speed run builds are disgraceful.

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
4 weeks ago#4
A set with Evade 3 is ok for us non-speedrunners. "Invincible" is an exaggeration though, I'm afraid. I'm using an Evade 5 set now, and still getting hit more often than not.

Is WE3 really that useful? I find I can seldom get near weak zones. They're always either high in the air, or else surrounded by LS players. (Should be hammers, but no. They're always LS.) I guess that's why you include Flinch 1.

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#5
Pots_Togo posted...
This is more of a balanced quality build

sorry I only do dex builds

User Info: Man_the_kraut

Man_the_kraut
4 weeks ago#6
Jaegon posted...

+1
Nothing wrong with 27/40 but prefer 16/45 naw mean. Dex>rest

Pots_Togo
4 weeks ago#7
Jaegon posted...
Pots_Togo posted...

I'm still a fan of str/faith for fun

User Info: Creatures08

Creatures08
4 weeks ago#8
Pots_Togo posted...
Jaegon posted...
Pots_Togo posted...

I'm still a fan of str/faith for fun

In DS3 I did Luck/faith
Darkmoon blade was a B to get...the PvP wasn't hard it was getting summoned and hoping the host doesn't die before you even load in LOL

User Info: Leodon

Leodon
4 weeks ago#9
Placid01 posted...
Is WE3 really that useful? I find I can seldom get near weak zones. They're always either high in the air, or else surrounded by LS players.

Yes, WE3 is extremely good for SNS for the exact reason you stated; poor reach. Make a weakspot you can reach and go to town on it; difference in damage is huge.

Pots_Togo
4 weeks ago#10
Leodon posted...
Placid01 posted...
Is WE3 really that useful? I find I can seldom get near weak zones. They're always either high in the air, or else surrounded by LS players.

Yes, WE3 is extremely good for SNS for the exact reason you stated; poor reach. Make a weakspot you can reach and go to town on it; difference in damage is huge.

This. Also this is why I run the 1 point in flinch free, it takes away the worry from trippers.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Pots ultimate offense sns set
  • Topic Archived