• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What new weapon class do you want in MHW2?

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#21
For another ranged, you could always go the Diablo 3 route, do hand crossbows. Given the size of other weapons, it wouldn't be unreasonable to have them as big as the dual blades.

They'd probably screw up a Blade+Gun weapon like they screwed up Zireael. Just watch the sharpen animation. It looks like the big blade sharpens the shorter one, iirc.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: arathiel12

arathiel12
4 weeks ago#22
nokillingmoths posted...
arathiel12 posted...
Scythe and whip seems like a really solid idea

Any sort of morphing weapon is also a plus, gunlance, charge blade, switch axe are already implemented but I would really like to see a spear setup. You could throw it if needed and latch to it somehow

Clutch claw.

But at a much longer range, like you could spear throw, latch to the spear and combo into clutch claw

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
4 weeks ago#23
mikssimi posted...
prsboys posted...
Just take the Tonfas and Magnet Spike from Frontier since it's shutting down anyways.

Yes pleaseeeeeeeee.

... I want the magnet spike now

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
4 weeks ago#24
Kipp94 posted...
silverbullet474 posted...
Kipp94 posted...
Just remember we could've had a new weapon in Iceborne if Tokuda had made an actually balanced base game.

And how do you figure that exactly?

Ichihara stated they wanted to introduce a weapon but decided to balance the current game instead.

Okay so what stopped him from not going that route for Iceborne?

User Info: kakrotwlkr

kakrotwlkr
4 weeks ago#25
I like the idea of scythes.

Also, if they did something like an actual "gunblade" like final fantasy does... That'd be awesome. It could require certain types of ammo, and blend impact with elemental. And maybe have it come in 2 different sizes like a smaller katana version, and then a larger one similar to greatsword. Depending on the size, it would affect the blast range
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
4 weeks ago#26
Whip
Scythe
Blunt melee like boxing gloves or something
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
4 weeks ago#27
Hunting Hound.
FC: 1693-0953-3350.

User Info: Kipp94

Kipp94
4 weeks ago#28
Zoldarr posted...
Kipp94 posted...
silverbullet474 posted...
Kipp94 posted...
Just remember we could've had a new weapon in Iceborne if Tokuda had made an actually balanced base game.

And how do you figure that exactly?

Ichihara stated they wanted to introduce a weapon but decided to balance the current game instead.

Okay so what stopped him from not going that route for Iceborne?

Because the base game was an unbalanced mess. Probably took a lot of dev time that would've gone into creating and balancing a new weapon
PSN - Kipper_DA_BOSS

User Info: NoelXIII

NoelXIII
4 weeks ago#29
Tyranidomega posted...
Hunting Hound.

I've loved that idea since the first time I heard about the concept art. Really want it.

User Info: greenjelloizgoo

greenjelloizgoo
4 weeks ago#30
A harpoon weapon that can be used in melee or shot to anchor the monster
[](/b19)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What new weapon class do you want in MHW2?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers