• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What new weapon class do you want in MHW2?

User Info: Syferonik

Syferonik
3 weeks ago#1
My vote goes for Scythes. Burial Blade in Bloodborne is the kind of thing i'd like to see, but maybe slower to balance its damage, which should be high, with high crit multiplier.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 weeks ago#2
Scythe might be interesting. But yeah, it'd be a slow ass weapon, just like the other big weapons.

I'd rather see something with more oriental flair to it.

A Kusarigama could be really good as another light weapon. It would offer greatly varied attacks.

Hold the kama in one hand for attacking with melee swipes, while twirling the heavy weight at the end to launch out with KO inducing blunt attacks.

Pull off a special mount move where you use the kusari chain around the monsters throat (if possible), that grants a decreased stamina reduction while mounted. Maybe let it trip monsters more effectively or the like.

It would definitely make for a useful technical weapon, if they did it right.

The metal/ore tree could be the full kusarigama, while the bone/blunt tree could be just a kusari-fundo, with metal weights on both ends, rather than a sharp kama.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Redguy99

Redguy99
3 weeks ago#3
I want a knuckle/fist type weapon.

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
3 weeks ago#4
Tonfa, Bare Hands, Whip or Nunchaku, Staff (like a glaive without the bug), Shuriken (ranged)
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: Tiro

Tiro
3 weeks ago#5
I'd be happy if the brought back the bowgun system from Tri.

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
3 weeks ago#6
I wasn't paying attention to it so I missed when it came out, but Dauntless pretty much added the exact Fist weapon I wanted in Monster Hunter.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
3 weeks ago#7
Just take the Tonfas and Magnet Spike from Frontier since it's shutting down anyways.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Kipp94

Kipp94
3 weeks ago#8
Just remember we could've had a new weapon in Iceborne if Tokuda had made an actually balanced base game.
PSN - Kipper_DA_BOSS

User Info: DaSnackBandit

DaSnackBandit
3 weeks ago#9
I still wanna see a big boomerang. Bladed or blunt depending on tree, combining melee with ranged.
If you're reading this, your snacks are already mine.

User Info: arathiel12

arathiel12
3 weeks ago#10
Scythe and whip seems like a really solid idea

Any sort of morphing weapon is also a plus, gunlance, charge blade, switch axe are already implemented but I would really like to see a spear setup. You could throw it if needed and latch to it somehow
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What new weapon class do you want in MHW2?
  • Topic Archived