• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Long 6 vs Wide 6 comparison

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
4 weeks ago#1
https://youtu.be/lPvdl3dYNyQ

I just noticed I never posted this here

Doesn't matters what you try to do.

Rajang doesn't ever beat pure shell spam.

More or less is a 10% weaker than long, that is not bad at all-

I don't show it in this video but poke shell with vaal with dragon attack 6 still outdoes a crit boost 3 rajang.

This being said. I'm only playing rajang laterly, It is fun with one point of handicraft, pp and item prolonger 3 so you don't have to worry about sharpness often.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
4 weeks ago#2
I thought people already knew this by now? Regardless, great video as usual.

You're the man.
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
4 weeks ago#3
Wide is a lot closer than I thought...definitely gonna f*** with it more
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky
Wish I could flap wings and fly away

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#4
what exactly makes the vaal GL better than the silver los one? is it the augments?

User Info: drag10

drag10
4 weeks ago#5
Jaegon posted...
what exactly makes the vaal GL better than the silver los one? is it the augments?
Vaal GL has two lv2 slots as opposed to Silver's one lv2 slot.

Custom augments give it a bit more flexibility, be it more elemental damage or defense.

On the augment side, Vaal previously could have double health while Silver could only have one, but the second extra augment slot now allows Silver to have double health too.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: plasma_kirby123

plasma_kirby123
4 weeks ago#6
Jaegon posted...

An rarity lower, and 2 lvl.2 slots, and a ton of Dragon element.

CaoSlayer
4 weeks ago#7
What have been said.

Vaal also has way more elemental damage.

With the new upgrades you can get +60 elemental from custom and +60 from augments (plus one healing, +90 without healing).

It makes so that you can have dragon attack up 6 without capping it, you only need the charm and a level 1 slot to max it.

Elemental damage is fine with pokes and bad hitzones that is what you normally hit when doing shelling.

True elemental sadly is not worth it because artillery 5 gives you +20 shelling damage that is superior to critical hit damage.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#8
alright thanks guys, I'll put the los GL on my to-craft list anyways since it looks cool

User Info: Ad-vice

Ad-vice
4 weeks ago#9
@CaoSlayer Do you think the blast zone of Wide shells is bugged?
I put some clips together of it being weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53CMdA432ec
The first few clips show some inconsistent ranges for activating the WSB, but the weirdest is in the second to last clip the WSB on the other side of the pole activates even though the pole takes no damage from the shell, and the final clip is the pole taking Poke+Shell damage and the WSB attached to it not even activating. Is Wide supposed to behave like that? What do you think is happening?

CaoSlayer
4 weeks ago#10
The wide hitbox is like this
https://images.app.goo.gl/j6WqGd7GvCu9nKMi8

Is no a globe. The reach is the same than normal but hits a lot more to the sides or up and down.

The WSB is also a lot bigger that it seems.

I'm surprised the explosion doesnt reach the WSB at the last clip but is inside the posibility.

I woudln't be surprised if WSB hitbox changes with shell type... there is actually a difference between long and wide on damage, the charged shot WSB of long do 105 and wide do 120.
youtube.com/caoslayer
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Long 6 vs Wide 6 comparison
  • Topic Archived