• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. heard you could collect tracks in Elder's to get GL lvl 6 monster investigtions

User Info: DarkUltima0

DarkUltima0
3 weeks ago#1
Is that true? currently I have the wastelands near level 6 and would to unlock rathian, but at same time I want to unlock brute tigrex too but only have rotten veil at level 2. Is that still a thing or was it patched out?
PSN ID: DarkUltima0

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 weeks ago#2
I think you have to have seen the monster first. Not 100% sure on that.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
3 weeks ago#3
Gunlance level 6? You mean for wide?

It's just the Rajang gunlance. You don't need to investigate tracks for him since he's everywhere in Guiding lands.

User Info: flsomerv

flsomerv
3 weeks ago#4
Can confirm that this is true. I got a Brute Tigrex lure before I had ever seen him. And my rotted area of the guiding lands was only at level 4. Master Rank was mid-70's.

You basically hunt monsters of the type that you want to spawn and hope that when you fill the meter, the lure you get is the one you are after. It is still RNG. So, for Brute Tigrex, you would hunt Brute Wyverns. Capping a monster of a certain type will instantly give you the lure for that type.
Gaming since 1982

User Info: BlackHoleEyes

BlackHoleEyes
3 weeks ago#5
flsomerv posted...
Can confirm that this is true. I got a Brute Tigrex lure before I had ever seen him. And my rotted area of the guiding lands was only at level 4. Master Rank was mid-70's.

You basically hunt monsters of the type that you want to spawn and hope that when you fill the meter, the lure you get is the one you are after. It is still RNG. So, for Brute Tigrex, you would hunt Brute Wyverns. Capping a monster of a certain type will instantly give you the lure for that type.
TC means regular investigations, not lures from special investigations.

TC: yes you can get investigations for them in the Recess, but you need to have seen them once first. Because you can't get investigations for monsters you don't know about.

Once you've seen them, just gather tracks from Tier 2 monsters in the Recess for the chance to get a investigation.
FC: 4854-6425-9460. Rock Safari: Nosepass, Magcargo, Barbaracle

User Info: ExtremeXPSO

ExtremeXPSO
3 weeks ago#6
BlackHoleEyes posted...
flsomerv posted...

TC means regular investigations, not lures from special investigations.

TC: yes you can get investigations for them in the Recess, but you need to have seen them once first. Because you can't get investigations for monsters you don't know about.

Once you've seen them, just gather tracks from Tier 2 monsters in the Recess for the chance to get a investigation.

Well is Scarred Yian Garuga a separate scenario? I got an investigation for him before I got forest to 6. Honestly, I think it was right after I unlocked the ability to get forest to 6.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
3 weeks ago#7
ExtremeXPSO posted...
Well is Scarred Yian Garuga a separate scenario? I got an investigation for him before I got forest to 6. Honestly, I think it was right after I unlocked the ability to get forest to 6.

Scarred Yian Garuga's an odd case.
He counts as the Tempered version of regular Garuga.
So if you've seen regular Garuga from the story quest after getting Forest to 3, Scarred can appear as a Tempered moonstar in investigations. He only requires MR24, while Brute Tigger, Silverlos and Goldian are all MR70.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: DarkUltima0

DarkUltima0
3 weeks ago#8
Well good, to know now that not only can you do that, you basically have to if you want to actually farm for its non-guiding lands parts why the devs decided to not even give you an optional guest even after maxing out research for it is beyond me. The grind to get the weapons and armor shouldn't involve randomness in being able farm it in the first place.
PSN ID: DarkUltima0

User Info: BlackHoleEyes

BlackHoleEyes
3 weeks ago#9
DarkUltima0 posted...
Well good, to know now that not only can you do that, you basically have to if you want to actually farm for its non-guiding lands parts why the devs decided to not even give you an optional guest even after maxing out research for it is beyond me. The grind to get the weapons and armor shouldn't involve randomness in being able farm it in the first place.
If you capture them at any point, whether in GL or otherwise, you unlock their special arena quests. These do give regular monster mats. After you clear them, they start rotating in and out of your questbook randomly, but they are there to fight.
FC: 4854-6425-9460. Rock Safari: Nosepass, Magcargo, Barbaracle

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 weeks ago#10
DarkUltima0 posted...

Well, you're in luck. They're adding event quests for these monsters. This week was Zinogre, tomorrow/tonight we get Garuga and Brute followed by Gold and Silver next week.
MHW:Iceborne| Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. heard you could collect tracks in Elder's to get GL lvl 6 monster investigtions
  • Topic Archived