• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This game is much too hard when you pick up shinies.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 weeks ago#1
Regular fight is like 5/10 difficulty. Then it jumps up to 9/10 difficulty the moment you want to pick the the shinies the monster dropped after kicking its butt for a bit.

It goes up to 10/10 when you try to carve the tail early (or accidentally try to do it).
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
4 weeks ago#2
Eh, I do those all the time lol; you can easily move and press the pick-up button at the same time, even while running. As for the early carves, I always go for it in the exact instant it snapped off (if possible), or whenever the monster starts running toward my Palico/Tailraider for a move, allowing me the seconds I need to do it because I ain't being targeted

^But only when my health is high enough to allow for a hit or two, of course. Otherwise I get away to go heal first, then look for the opening to do that XD
Just someone with different standards for reality and fiction. The latter is generally much more open, and is personally considered much more interesting.

User Info: Maxmilion

Maxmilion
4 weeks ago#3
It's literally the same as the timing and positioning for using items during monster hunts.
You don't even have to pick them up immediately.

And don't try to carve the tail when the monster still around, it won't despawn fast, so just focus on hitting the monster first until it moves.
Exception if Jho is in the area, IT WILL eat it.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#4
The tails wont evaporate into thin air unlike the shinies so there is really no point in trying to carve it during the fight (unless your team is down to 2 carts and likely gonna fail the quest), carve it when monster is leaving to another zone.

For the shinies, you can literally run around and pick them up. If you see an attack coming, you can always dive out of the way, your weapons is sheathe anyways.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
4 weeks ago#5
90% of my carts in guiding lands is picking up shinies. Good thing carting doesnt matter

User Info: Araito

Araito
4 weeks ago#6
mikssimi posted...
90% of my carts in guiding lands is picking up shinies. Good thing carting doesnt matter
PSN: Scrub_Ryan

User Info: PhantomW1zard

PhantomW1zard
4 weeks ago#7
Just use a flash pod?

User Info: jojojokokomo

jojojokokomo
4 weeks ago#8
Ghillie mantle is also your friend
Will hunt for fun.

User Info: Hapolo

Hapolo
4 weeks ago#9
I hate when there is slinger ammo next to shinies, I don't know why ammo is prioritized...

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
4 weeks ago#10
Holy first world problems, Batman!
Troll slayer Cate: the hero Gamefaqs needs, but certainty not the one it deserves.
Ya'all need more pizza.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This game is much too hard when you pick up shinies.
  • Topic Archived