• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I wish dual blades were not a trash version of a bow...

User Info: JusticeWoman

JusticeWoman
4 weeks ago#1
It's just an elemental damage weapon like the bow, except for the fact that you'll get hit more by always having to keep your hips thrusting against the monster's face, leg or tail. Your damage output is no where consistent as the bow. You constantly need to find openings. You'll do faaaak all damage except for the times when the monster is down. Now that's the only time you'll do more damage than anyone else during that time. But be aware, that it's just not enough to compensate for the time where you do the least amount of damage than anyone else.

I mean, hey, if there was a hunting horn or insect glaive user, you'll probably outdamage them. But other than that, you will feel useless using dual blades. You're just like those little monsters that swarm a big monster only when they're knocked down.

It's heartbreaking. Because I started this game using dual blades, only to convert to bow at right rank, continued to play the bow at master rank, and then just started using the long sword when I made a comfortable melee weapon build for myself, instead of turning back to dual blades. I'm...I'm gonna cry!

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
4 weeks ago#2
Most weapons are trash versions of Bow. Just pick up Bow or HBG and never look back. There is literally no reason to waste your time with melee weapons in MH, by design gunner weapons are vastly superior once you have the optimal setups for them.

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
4 weeks ago#3
Ranged was a mistake.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

DukeLukewarm
4 weeks ago#4
Teran17 posted...
Ranged was a mistake.

Wanting to get rid of ranged weapons was the one good thought Tokuda has ever had. Of course he'd never actually get away with it.

User Info: Solid_Seb

Solid_Seb
4 weeks ago#5
Haven’t played DB, But every weapon has its drawbacks. For bow you have to keep high stamina and use a lot of constitution to keep up the attack. I always figured for melee weapons the equivalent is guard and/or dodge. You can slot evasion, guard and flinch free the same way you can for physique so keeping up the attack shouldn’t be too hard(?)

User Info: FeatherrineAuAu

FeatherrineAuAu
4 weeks ago#6
HBG is really boring to play tho

Bow is fun tho

rangedgods, to me!

DukeLukewarm posted...
Wanting to get rid of ranged weapons was the one good thought Tokuda has ever had

this s***ty meme needs to stop, Brokuda is better than and always will be better than Itchynose

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
4 weeks ago#7
This is why I preferred Monster Hunter Generation's version of Dual Blades. Aerial Dualblades was so meta, not only that but that ability to do mulltiple hits like you're a true ninja. This version is so wack. I hate it. That's why I don't use it.

DukeLukewarm
4 weeks ago#8
FeatherrineAuAu posted...
HBG is really boring to play tho

Bow is fun tho

rangedgods, to me!

DukeLukewarm posted...
Wanting to get rid of ranged weapons was the one good thought Tokuda has ever had

this s***ty meme needs to stop, Brokuda is better than and always will be better than Itchynose

Tokuda created Kushala, he deserves to hang for that alone even before we get to the rest.

User Info: JinKisaragi211

JinKisaragi211
4 weeks ago#9
To be fair, it’s not just Dual Blades. Bow outperforms most melee weapons in general.

Ranged is just the MH equivalent of Easy Mode.
They call me Hadouken. 'Cuz I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#10
Dual Blades are great.
You can shank one monster twice or shank two monsters at once.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I wish dual blades were not a trash version of a bow...
  • Topic Archived