• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Been out of tha game for quite some time and need opinions

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
1 month ago#1
I’ve got about 200 hours in the game and left it just as Kulve Torath showed up. I’ve never hunted her.

Now I’m looking to get back in, do you think I should create a new character to refamiliarize myself with the gameplay or jump back in with my main and take on easier hunts until I feel comfortable?
The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.
~ Charlotte Bronte

User Info: Dragonblade01

Dragonblade01
1 month ago#2
No sense spending all that time going through LR and HR again unless you really want to. I took a long break too and the muscle memory comes back real quick.

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
1 month ago#3
Jump straight into IB with your existing character, make the easiest armor and weapon you can make out of gathering materials. If you've put in 200 hours, then your skill should come back pretty immediate, no need for a new character.

User Info: 1ee7icus

1ee7icus
1 month ago#4
Yea hop back in and just take some easy quests til you get warmed up again. Thats what I did.
Somewhere in GameFAQs underbelly there's a river of pink slime.

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
1 month ago#5
Thanks for the advice, now I just have to finish out my workday. Lol
The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.
~ Charlotte Bronte

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
1 month ago#6
Yeah. Master Rank isn't really that bad. A few fast and erratic months but it's doable if you keep up your defense and offense.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
1 month ago#7
Jump back in. You can literally craft an entire MR set by just gathering bones and ore on an expedition as soon as you start iceborne. That plus whatever weapon you already have will be fine for a few hunts before you find something else to craft
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Been out of tha game for quite some time and need opinions
  • Topic Archived