• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. [10.11] MHWI Switch Axe Raw/Elemental Meta Builds Guide

User Info: Artemis_Enfreri

Artemis_Enfreri
3 weeks ago#21
@drag10 there you go ;D

User Info: drag10

drag10
3 weeks ago#22
Artemis_Enfreri posted...
@drag10 there you go ;D
Cheers! Lots of good info to glean from here~
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
3 weeks ago#23
Just a question, are people leaning away from the power axe runs now?

I noticed a few of the speedrunners that used power axe heavily mixed with sword mode are using alot more of the old style lately, which is basically straight sword or as much sword as possible.

Is this just matchup dependant? Or is it one of those cases where power axe isnt as good as we all initially thought it was?

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 weeks ago#24
It depends on the matchup, sword mode still deals more dps if you can have enough damage uptime on it. Monsters such as Tigrex make that pretty hard though, which is when Power Axe shines so you can get the sweet trips and stuff.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
3 weeks ago#25
So is it goldian=ruinerg>silverlos(fire weak) for general fights? Also is infinite axe combo mathematically the most efficient way of dealing damage outside of zsd? Every speedrun I've seen plays it differently. I've been picking SA up and it's been pretty fun

Deaga
3 weeks ago#26
I'm pretty sure comboing in Sword MOde is more damage than just doing Wild Swings forever. Especially once you get to amped and get the extra hits from that.

Goldian is the best raw option, yeah. But Elemental Phials have some merit to them this time around, Coral Pukei SA and Vaal hazak SA are both great. Kirin/Zinogre SA and Legiana SA are a bit more questionable, but still usable I think. Anjanath's SA is the only fire option for elemental phials and is probably the worse of the bunch as far as Elemental Phials go, only natural blue sharpness and negative base affinity makes it pretty hard to work with.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
3 weeks ago#27
Deaga posted...
I'm pretty sure comboing in Sword MOde is more damage than just doing Wild Swings forever. Especially once you get to amped and get the extra hits from that.

Goldian is the best raw option, yeah. But Elemental Phials have some merit to them this time around, Coral Pukei SA and Vaal hazak SA are both great. Kirin/Zinogre SA and Legiana SA are a bit more questionable, but still usable I think. Anjanath's SA is the only fire option for elemental phials and is probably the worse of the bunch as far as Elemental Phials go, only natural blue sharpness and negative base affinity makes it pretty hard to work with.

So for the sword combo is it triangle circle spam and then circle into zsd when you get the chance? And what do you think about power prolonger? I don't see it in the meta sets but I see it in almost every SA speedrun I've watched so far

User Info: Artemis_Enfreri

Artemis_Enfreri
3 weeks ago#28
The best combos for Switch Axe are if not mistaken @ineedsearch :

To get amped: From sheated stance or axe mode deployed(start the combo while rolling) R2>circle>circle>triangle+circle(spam triangle until you get amped state) Obs:one rotation and you must have entered amped state and youcan follow up with a L2 to get a instant ZSD.

Sword Combo: Triangle>Triangle>Triangle>Circle>Repeat

Power Prolonger helps a lot in my opinion but its not mandatory if you know how to perfectly move around.

Deaga
3 weeks ago#29
ineedsearch posted...
So for the sword combo is it triangle circle spam and then circle into zsd when you get the chance? And what do you think about power prolonger? I don't see it in the meta sets but I see it in almost every SA speedrun I've watched so far

T x3 > O is the optimal DPS combo now that the extra hit you get from it has been buffed, but it's also a pretty big commitment. You may way to still around to just T>O for small openings, or even just a single O or T hit. I really like this, we get to use different combos on different openings. Nice!

In terms of speedruns, Power Prolonger seems to be most useful in non-TA runs where you want to just spam ZSD as much as possible, so you have less downtime on amped state. For TA runs where ZSD isn't as spammable, it doesn't look optimal as you lose out on damage when using the skill. It's a very comfortable skill to use when farming though, makes managing your buffs a lot easier.

User Info: GaraGara-go-

GaraGara-go-
3 weeks ago#30
ineedsearch posted...
So is it goldian=ruinerg>silverlos(fire weak) for general fights? Also is infinite axe combo mathematically the most efficient way of dealing damage outside of zsd? Every speedrun I've seen plays it differently. I've been picking SA up and it's been pretty fun
Hey there. I assume you watched Jinx video and is referring to his wild swing spamming combo? If that is the case remember that he hasn't released a video on sword mode yet. That combo, which according to him is the most efficient dps-wise, only applies to axe mode.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. [10.11] MHWI Switch Axe Raw/Elemental Meta Builds Guide
  • Topic Archived