• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. [10.11] MHWI Switch Axe Raw/Elemental Meta Builds Guide

User Info: GaraGara-go-

GaraGara-go-
4 weeks ago#11
Deaga posted...
Oh you're here too! This is top notch stuff, I seriously recommend it.

Just make sure to read the small disclaimer at the start, ie "Hey these are for speedruns but they're the backbone of more regular sets too, you can swap out a bit of stuff for QoL stuff." Don't take this (or any guide you see online, really) as God's own words of how to play. Take is a basis to make your own stuff. The sets in there are fully optimized assuming all decos, you may not have all of them. I don't either, that's fine. We can scale down the damage a bit and use slightly less optimal stuff and that's fine. But it's pretty cool, in my opinion, to also know what may be possible with complete optimization. And that's what this album is all about!

I visit this site from time to time. Only making this account today with the same ign to start posting tho :D.

GaraGara-go-
4 weeks ago#12
* also can't edit my post for some reason but for the comparison post it should be 1 circle + 1 circle and such not 2. But you can get what I mean.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#13
You can't edit posts after one hour on GameFAQs. It's wonderful, I know.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
4 weeks ago#14
TC, the Deep Lagoon build lacks Handicraft decos for the number of Handicraft displayed, you need to change that. Nice work otherwise.
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA

GaraGara-go-
4 weeks ago#15
MrSmi7h posted...
TC, the Deep Lagoon build lacks Handicraft decos for the number of Handicraft displayed, you need to change that. Nice work otherwise.

Does it really? 40 hits of purple from lvl 4 handi seems to check out for me. Perhaps I missed something?

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#16
MrSmi7h posted...

It's using the rare Handicraft+ decorations, which give 2 Handicraft per decoration.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
4 weeks ago#17
Deaga posted...
MrSmi7h posted...

It's using the rare Handicraft+ decorations, which give 2 Handicraft per decoration.

DAMN.

@GaraGara-go- All clear, just assumed everyone is poor like me :P
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#18
Nice testing. What if Coral or Namielles were mainly only using axe mode and not sword/ZSD?
Gamertag: Nuke2099

GaraGara-go-
4 weeks ago#19
nuke2099 posted...
Nice testing. What if Coral or Namielles were mainly only using axe mode and not sword/ZSD?
Depends on the hzv. As of now though there is virtually no matchup where this instance of comparison is relevant. If you wish to only use axe for the heck of it then you can feel free to use whatever you want since optimisation is no longer an issue.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#20
GaraGara-go- posted...
nuke2099 posted...
Depends on the hzv. As of now though there is virtually no matchup where this instance of comparison is relevant. If you wish to only use axe for the heck of it then you can feel free to use whatever you want since optimisation is no longer an issue.

Well from what I have seen axe only mode is viable. I dunno about on the water SA but with some of the other's it does a lot of damage and it's great for monsters that don't sit still for sword mode.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. [10.11] MHWI Switch Axe Raw/Elemental Meta Builds Guide
  • Topic Archived