• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What the hell is going on with Rajang's hitboxes?

User Info: triablos

triablos
1 month ago#31
I haven't had many issues with hitboxes in both rajang fight and MHW as a whole. The only one that comes to mind are the lunge attacks (i.e. velkhana) where you can get hit by standing behind the monster when it jumps

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
1 month ago#32
I never played the old games, but some of the hitboxes in this game are really weird. I'm not complaining, it's more hilarious then anything to be honest.

Like the goose has that one dick wack looking move, I've stood in front of him and had it completely phase through me, and at another time was standing by his tail when he did the same move, it counted as a hit, and I went flying towards the monster instead of away. I was like wtf.

And of course we have Joseph's insane hipcheck thing, where his jaw can be 10 feet above your character and you still get hit if you don't roll lol.

I've had instances where diablos charge should have hit me but phased through me, and other times where I was like grazing the tail and actually got hit by the full attack.

Did this wacky s*** happen in the older games?

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 month ago#33
resevil67 posted...

Like the goose has that one dick wack looking move, I've stood in front of him and had it completely phase through me, and at another time was standing by his tail when he did the same move, it counted as a hit, and I went flying towards the monster instead of away. I was like wtf.

"The goose"? "Dick wack"? What the hell game are you playing bro
Meow!

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 month ago#34
In 1st-2nd gen, there were a lot of instances where attacks turned most/all of the monster's body into a hitbox that did full damage, and some stuff did have some disjointedness to it like Plesioth's hip check, and some stuff had damaging effects that had no business causing damage like the dust kicked up by Narga's tail spikes when it throws them (I have been hit by that only once in about 3K hours of playing, but there's gameplay footage of it), but all of the examples you named are unique to World/Iceborne. If you came into contact with Diablos' tail in any prior game while it charged, you did not take damage, only the head and legs. 3rd-4th gen had pretty much nothing actually wrong with their hitboxes, I can't think of a single instance of a genuinely broken hitbox or one that turned the whole body into a hitbox.

Well, besides the weirdness of vertical hitboxes in 4th gen.

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
1 month ago#35
Bagel goose or Beetlejuice b-52. He has that one move that he always does before the move where he plants his face into the ground. The horizontal face swiping attack.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What the hell is going on with Rajang's hitboxes?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers