• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: BROKEN GEOLOGY SKILL STILL WORKING - excessive item gathering

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#1
Unknown to most (and of course Capcom) is the following unintended exploit to gain double the pickup from dropped monster parts.

If the player has a single level of the Geology skill while in the Guiding Lands all shiny items dropped from monsters can be PICKED UP TWICE.

A Geology jewel is a level 1 decoration so it is a must have while in the guiding lands as this broken benifit is too good to pass up while Capcom is unaware.
I believe the elder melder can make you one as well.

This exploit is working on PS4 as of October 10th with all current system and game updates applied.

User Info: cheapchip

cheapchip
1 week ago#2
THANK YOU!!

I HOPE CAPCOM SEE THiS AND AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!
I am cat, meow tonight?
http://i.imgur.com/rL0HXhb.gif ll https://i.imgur.com/EW4yCKe.gif ll https://i.imgur.com/64IE60d.gifv

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
1 week ago#3
I advise everyone to make a separate build for Guiding Lands runs that includes Fortify and Geology.

Have fun!
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: gargar91

gargar91
1 week ago#4
OhGoodGrief posted...
Unknown to most (and of course Capcom) is the following unintended exploit to gain double the pickup from dropped monster parts.

If the player has a single level of the Geology skill while in the Guiding Lands all shiny items dropped from monsters can be PICKED UP TWICE.

A Geology jewel is a level 1 decoration so it is a must have while in the guiding lands as this broken benifit is too good to pass up while Capcom is unaware.
I believe the elder melder can make you one as well.

This exploit is working on PS4 as of October 10th with all current system and game updates applied.

Thats old news.

User Info: tonytonez

tonytonez
1 week ago#5
This is pretty descriptive, would this come up in a google search if a developer does a random search for bugs for quality control purposes?

Either way I'll ride it til I can but just curious.
Monster Hunter World: Nyte Terror
PSN: Nyte_Terror_360 | Dragons Dogma Pawn: Sylphina

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#6
Thank you for you post garhar91.

While you are not wrong please note that "old news" does not equate to common knowledge.

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
1 week ago#7
Geology probably isn't an exploit, people. It works on regular s*** too.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#8
tonytonez posted...
This is pretty descriptive, would this come up in a google search if a developer does a random search for bugs for quality control purposes?

Either way I'll ride it til I can but just curious.

No need to worry. You can test the Google search yourself to find you need to be rather descriptive to yeild a result from GameFaqs. You are more likely to find a Reddit post or video

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#9
OH MY GOSH THIS IS INCREDlBLE I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAS GONE UNDER THE RADAR FOR SO LONG. ZOMG
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 week ago#10
Doesn’t seem broken to me. Why do you think it is?
Once there was an elephant who tried to use the telephant. No, No I mean there was an elephone who tried to use the telephone.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: BROKEN GEOLOGY SKILL STILL WORKING - excessive item gathering
  • Topic Archived