• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Anyone else love how IG is pretty much the dragoon class now?

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
1 week ago#11
I'm the opposite. Loved IG in 4u, was so balanced and good for solo play, but world it feels so weak to me.

User Info: QCTeamkill

QCTeamkill
1 week ago#12
Wish they could steal "enemy step" from DMC and let us jump cancel in the air.
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy.
Let's play Gwent.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 week ago#13
blax34dm posted...
I'm the opposite. Loved IG in 4u, was so balanced and good for solo play, but world it feels so weak to me.

Eto... IG balanced... in 4U???
Anyway, I've had no problem with IG in world. Thou, I also think that LS is fine too
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Ramune

Ramune
1 week ago#14
Any reason to not play aerial IG against the frequent fliers?
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Richard Bach

User Info: JD Old No7

JD Old No7
1 week ago#15
Ramune posted...
Any reason to not play aerial IG against the frequent fliers?

No, because even if I'm doing trash damage by spamming the circle move to flip off flying monsters it's still a ton of fun to flip off of flying monsters. Rather than try to poke them in the feet.
Tennessee Whiskey

User Info: sockrox

sockrox
1 week ago#16
Summarizer posted...
Aerial competes with ground damage now that Airborne has been buffed. Don’t listen to these sadly misinformed folks. Go elemental helicopter and watch the damage rack up.

This is factually wrong. Stop.

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
1 week ago#17
sockrox posted...
Summarizer posted...
Aerial competes with ground damage now that Airborne has been buffed. Don’t listen to these sadly misinformed folks. Go elemental helicopter and watch the damage rack up.

Anyone who thinks Aerial is good or advocates for it should be banned. It isn't good. No speedrunner uses it, which means that indeed it is weaker.

"I don't speed run". Fine, but in MP don't waste my time with your sub-par combat tactics. Do it on your own time and take forever.
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: JD Old No7

JD Old No7
1 week ago#18
Azyle1 posted...
sockrox posted...
Summarizer posted...

Anyone who thinks Aerial is good or advocates for it should be banned. It isn't good. No speedrunner uses it, which means that indeed it is weaker.

"I don't speed run". Fine, but in MP don't waste my time with your sub-par combat tactics. Do it on your own time and take forever.

The new moves has its uses. One as a gap closer. Zebraquake also uses it vs Glavenus here to stylishly avoid tail swipes while slamming down on his face.

https://youtu.be/7LTPOCfn4mU

Circle spam is indeed garbage (though is apparently better with a full elemntal build). It can be very useful for getting mounts though. But I'd save it for flying monsters.

Plus jumping over all of velkhana's ice bs is never not fun.
Tennessee Whiskey

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
1 week ago#19
JD Old No7 posted...
Azyle1 posted...
sockrox posted...
Summarizer posted...

The new moves has its uses. One as a gap closer. Zebraquake also uses it vs Glavenus here to stylishly avoid tail swipes while slamming down on his face.

https://youtu.be/7LTPOCfn4mU

Circle spam is indeed garbage (though is apparently better with a full elemntal build). It can be very useful for getting mounts though. But I'd save it for flying monsters.

Plus jumping over all of velkhana's ice bs is never not fun.

No no. The new move is excellent. I am talking about the helicopter stuff over and over and over.

The new move honestly makes IG even more fun and SHOULD be used when the chance arises, but that doesn't make it "Aerial".
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: Summarizer

Summarizer
1 week ago#20
sockrox posted...
Summarizer posted...

Then it should be easy enough to prove. Go into the training area with a typical setup, then go in with a maxed-out elemental helicopter setup. Do 30 seconds worth of damage and report back.
Nothing but the truth, insofar as I interpret it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Anyone else love how IG is pretty much the dragoon class now?
  • Topic Archived