• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Capcom we appreciate Rajang, but those weapons.....

User Info: SirDood18

SirDood18
4 days ago#21
what you mean Rajang weps look good
"Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor... as SOLDIER!"

User Info: NoelXIII

NoelXIII
4 days ago#22
I dunno what people were expecting? I knew they would be non-raw low-lightning-element weapons and I knew they'd be made from the parts of a monkey-bull and probably look like they did in previous games.

Personally I really like the designs for most of them. I think the hammer was the only one I didn't like? The aforementioned DBs are really cool, so it sounds like his weapons are pretty much a matter of fairly binary taste.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
4 days ago#23
They are rarity 11, and you can get them as soon as you beat the story, (and assuming him as well) i don't think they were meant to overpower or be on par with nerg weapons or gold, as an example since you can't even get those till Mr 70-100 while his you can get as low as 20-30.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

User Info: Tj_11

Tj_11
4 days ago#24
HolySage posted...
They are rarity 11, and you can get them as soon as you beat the story, (and assuming him as well) i don't think they were meant to overpower or be on par with nerg weapons or gold, as an example since you can't even get those till Mr 70-100 while his you can get as low as 20-30.

Can't say for other weapons, but for GS shara is better for normal use until you get to nerg and acidic glavenus is still better for min/max speed running. Garbage sharpness and negative affinity kills it, too low element to consider for some funky elemental draw builds too.

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
4 days ago#25
Tj_11 posted...
HolySage posted...

Can't say for other weapons, but for GS shara is better for normal use until you get to nerg and acidic glavenus is still better for min/max speed running. Garbage sharpness and negative affinity kills it, too low element to consider for some funky elemental draw builds too.

Uhh..thanks for reiterating I guess..? in addition to that, you fight shara before finishing the story (to finish it, actually, in order to access rajang anyway) so you get those even before his. lol.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
4 days ago#26
HolySage posted...
Tj_11 posted...
HolySage posted...

Uhh..thanks for reiterating I guess..? in addition to that, you fight shara before finishing the story (to finish it, actually to access to rajang anyway) so you get those even before his. lol.

I think the point is that Shara cones first but his GS is already better than Rajang’s

windklinge posted...
eastman1982 posted...
Problem with these weapons is the same as all negative affinity weapons they killed max might and there’s not as much build diversity everything is crit rate, crit damage and aggitator for dps negative affinity becomes a massive chore

pretty much this.

coupled with the fact that these NEED handicraft to work (AND still only gain white in the end) on top and the 20 true raw gain is pretty much nullyfied. for example compared to goldian ls jang ls loses 25% affinity. there is just no way to make up for such a massive loss and no. the new ability to augment affintiy on r12 with health doesnt change anything about this sadly as its still a fixed 25% loss in the end.

current raw ls builds already run every single affinity boost skill in the game (except mm) so its flat out impossible to get the jang ls to a level where it would outperform goldian/nerg currently.

plus the thunder element is pure dev bulls***. its just put in to prevent elementless. its far too low to ever have any impact on anything by itself. atleast pickle had top tier sharpness and decent element + elderseal. these weapons are nothing like that but still retain the affinity penalty.

they really need to reconsider mm changes asap.

I haven’t unlocked rare 12, does it actually lose MORE affinity? I thought it’s at -15%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
4 days ago#27
What about the HH?
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 days ago#28
Archwing3441 posted...
HolySage posted...
Tj_11 posted...
HolySage posted...

Uhh..thanks for reiterating I guess..? in addition to that, you fight shara before finishing the story (to finish it, actually to access to rajang anyway) so you get those even before his. lol.

I think the point is that Shara cones first but his GS is already better than Rajang’s

windklinge posted...
eastman1982 posted...
Problem with these weapons is the same as all negative affinity weapons they killed max might and there’s not as much build diversity everything is crit rate, crit damage and aggitator for dps negative affinity becomes a massive chore

pretty much this.

coupled with the fact that these NEED handicraft to work (AND still only gain white in the end) on top and the 20 true raw gain is pretty much nullyfied. for example compared to goldian ls jang ls loses 25% affinity. there is just no way to make up for such a massive loss and no. the new ability to augment affintiy on r12 with health doesnt change anything about this sadly as its still a fixed 25% loss in the end.

current raw ls builds already run every single affinity boost skill in the game (except mm) so its flat out impossible to get the jang ls to a level where it would outperform goldian/nerg currently.

plus the thunder element is pure dev bulls***. its just put in to prevent elementless. its far too low to ever have any impact on anything by itself. atleast pickle had top tier sharpness and decent element + elderseal. these weapons are nothing like that but still retain the affinity penalty.

they really need to reconsider mm changes asap.

I haven’t unlocked rare 12, does it actually lose MORE affinity? I thought it’s at -15%

goldian ls has 10% affinity bonus. hence why i said 25%. its hard enough as is to reach 100% affinity with ls currently after the mm changes. a affinity penalty of 15 is therefore simply too much loss for too little gain. couple with the fact goldian doesnt need handi 5 while jang does and the raw advantage simply disappears into thin air due to rng impacting your dmg. this isnt even taking the extra poisen dmg into account compared to jangs non existant element.
(edited 4 days ago)
(message deleted)
SpinKirby posted...
What about the HH?
Sane notes as shara.

As with most raw weapons, the raw of the first weapon matches acidic glav's, but it only has unlockable white, and -15% affinity. It does of course have another upgrade though, but I don't have the volcanic region leveled enough to get a tempered rajang, so I can't see the last upgrade level.

If you can find a set of stats for hammer or gs, the raw increase from unupgraded to upgraded is probably the same in true raw. This would mean a good increase, but for hh, lacking AuXL may be a big deal. It's functional, nobody will be able to say it won't pull the job off, but it fails in the damage area compared to acidic glav, unless that upgrade is massive.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Capcom we appreciate Rajang, but those weapons.....
  • Post New Message