• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Thoughts on Rajang?

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#51
dexter1984 posted...
Terenigma posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95Hj8Pa_G0

Someone explain to me how this is fair. I have Guard 5 and Guard up on and i thought i timed the power-guard well enough to block this. But look how much damage it took. Seriously. How is this fair?

You know you take more damage when power guarding in comparison to normal guard right?

Even if that's true. It didn't matter. That attack still takes off roughly the same damage when i normal blocked it (it hit twice in the video but that's a short clip of the whole fight) but it's still WAY too much damage for blocking. Thankfully Great sword makes Rajang a joke but i'm getting kind of sick of monsters in the game now doing tons of chip damage to a full guard Lance build. They don't have the same movement or sheathing other weapons do so being able to guard-dash is the way we survive, take that away and what is the point?
I play Monster Hunter. You may of seen me, i'm the one in the fluorescent pink hat.
(edited 1 week ago)
VagrantSun posted...
Caroniver posted...
VagrantSun posted...
a ton of unique animations

Every single one. Rajang's skeleton isn't used by anything else in World. All of his movements are his own.

He shares Nerg's turf war against Deviljho, actually, but that's nitpicking, I can't think of any other motions he's cribbed.

He's basically discount Nergigante in the other turf wars I've seen. Against Kushala and Namielle it's just the Nerg vs Kushala animation except the push him off after he slams them. In Namielle's case it's pretty bad since he has such a large wingspan and he flies so low to the ground his wing is like halfway clipped into it.

Teostra is the same Nerg vs Teo deal but Teostra actually uses his fire breath on Rajang mid struggle. A shame they didn't use that with Nergigante and have that be what causes damage rather than a minor tussle. Animation wise it's better due to that extra detail but again it's weird since Rajang is so short compared to Teostra.

So far the only unique turf war is the one he has with Rathalos, and that animation he also has with Coral Pukei Pukei funny enough.

Overall I love how intense his fight is, but his turf wars left a bit to be desired.

User Info: dantemundus81

dantemundus81
1 week ago#53
ThatOneGuy9496 posted...
VagrantSun posted...
Caroniver posted...
VagrantSun posted...
a ton of unique animations

Every single one. Rajang's skeleton isn't used by anything else in World. All of his movements are his own.

He shares Nerg's turf war against Deviljho, actually, but that's nitpicking, I can't think of any other motions he's cribbed.

He's basically discount Nergigante in the other turf wars I've seen. Against Kushala and Namielle it's just the Nerg vs Kushala animation except the push him off after he slams them. In Namielle's case it's pretty bad since he has such a large wingspan and he flies so low to the ground his wing is like halfway clipped into it.

Teostra is the same Nerg vs Teo deal but Teostra actually uses his fire breath on Rajang mid struggle. A shame they didn't use that with Nergigante and have that be what causes damage rather than a minor tussle. Animation wise it's better due to that extra detail but again it's weird since Rajang is so short compared to Teostra.

So far the only unique turf war is the one he has with Rathalos, and that animation he also has with Coral Pukei Pukei funny enough.

Overall I love how intense his fight is, but his turf wars left a bit to be desired.

He has a unique one with Nergigante. He shoryukens Nergigante, and Nergigante just pimp slaps him away.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#54
Terenigma posted...
dexter1984 posted...
Terenigma posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95Hj8Pa_G0

Someone explain to me how this is fair. I have Guard 5 and Guard up on and i thought i timed the power-guard well enough to block this. But look how much damage it took. Seriously. How is this fair?

You know you take more damage when power guarding in comparison to normal guard right?

Even if that's true. It didn't matter. That attack still takes off roughly the same damage when i normal blocked it (it hit twice in the video but that's a short clip of the whole fight) but it's still WAY too much damage for blocking. Thankfully Great sword makes Rajang a joke but i'm getting kind of sick of monsters in the game now doing tons of chip damage to a full guard Lance build. They don't have the same movement or sheathing other weapons do so being able to guard-dash is the way we survive, take that away and what is the point?

Yep, fundamentally bad choices like this are why I take issue with the new director. They are the kinds of things that shouldn't even sound like a good idea on paper, but they still made it into the game under him.

To be fair power guard isn't just on him, and AT-Xeno's beam was BS before Shara's too.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: KenMastersFan

KenMastersFan
1 week ago#55
to fast never stops attacking not a fan

User Info: Critt

Critt
1 week ago#56
The fight overall is amazig, the fact that he doesn't spam the random steps anymore already makes it better than old Rajang (no joke, it was insanely annoying). He's also really well animated.
It's still strange how they could do such an excellent job with monkeys, but leviathans are still unfinished.

I think the normal version, like Jho in base World, was balanced around players who just finished the campaign, not MR100+ ones with full augments. The tempered version is pretty powerful tho

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 week ago#57
Rhiethreal posted...
1/10, not a fun fight, weapons are bad, palico equipment is bad, a few pieces of armor are decent

Negative comment about how Rajang fights with your nerfed favorite skills and your nerfed favorite weapons?

Get over it.

Rhiethreal posted...
Yep, fundamentally bad choices like this are why I take issue with the new director. They are the kinds of things that shouldn't even sound like a good idea on paper, but they still made it into the game under him.

Sounds like you have a personal issue against Ryozo...
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 week ago#58
Still didn't purchase this game, but I really, really, really want to play it! D:

Soon... when I get enough money to buy it, I need to catch up with some main quests...! D:
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Roxas6674

Roxas6674
1 week ago#59
I like this music and i know why Frieza hates sayians so much now
And as a CB user i take extreme issue that i have a Guard up skill and ironwall lvl 5 but STILL take chip damage that will destroy like half of my health gauge. Its like i am being punished for my defensive playstyle all of a sudden and that aint right
Global Dokkan Battle Box: https://dbz.space/box/3494
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DrakeRathalos

DrakeRathalos
1 week ago#60
I really like Rajang in 4th Gen and I would say I'm not disappointed even the slightest with this new Rajang. Seems like Ichihara has taken World's full potential to make monsters more fun to hunt than in previous games, which is why I don't understand why...

MMX377 posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

Sounds like you have a personal issue against Ryozo...

...this claim from Rhiethreal about Rajang's fight I think is stupid.
More like he has personal grudge with Ichihara and really want MonHun to back to the s***ty days that was base World by demanding Tokuda to return.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Thoughts on Rajang?
  • Post New Message