• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. 11.01 New Augment Setup

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
6 days ago#1
So here is some of the new augment information:

Extra Slots II is available for some sort of streamstone and what looks like two bones.
R10 gets two additional slots for 9 total.
R11 gets one additional slot for 6 total.
R12 gets one additional slot for 5 total.

This shifts the total number of Augments from my previous guide.

Augments now have more levels:

Attack goes to at least level 4.
Affinity goes to at least level 4.
Defense remains at level 4 max.
Slot goes to at least level 4, assuming this is the last level and makes it a level 4 slot.
Health Regen goes to at least level 4, the text now reads "Recovers a lot of health."
Element remains at level 4 max.

The initial tutorial that comes up mentions "evolving" an upgrade, for it to cost more slots. I believe that simply means the various levels, as I listed above.

Custom Augments get at least a 6th level, possibly more.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: SilverClock

SilverClock
6 days ago#2
Thanks for the info TC
3DS FC: 5327-2159-0942
SW FC: 3494-3931-9019

SilverHawke27
6 days ago#3
I'll probably be able to do something more detailed, same as I did previously, once Save Wizard is updated with the 11.01 materials and decorations.

I can backup my save, then use SW on a copy for all of the new ones, to list out any new decorations we might have, as well as a look at custom augments and how high the current ones will actually go.

SilverHawke27
6 days ago#4
On some preliminary testing with Dual Blades, mostly calculating for 6 custom augment levels only, the Meta doesn't really change.

The current best are still far ahead of the others. More slots for the R10s just means you can get +10% affinity added per weapon.

If we get more than 6 custom levels, some may pull ahead though.

Wunderkirins is holding on currently with 540 element, however the Kadachi Greathawks beefed up to 510 and more affinity with the new additions. If we get to level 9 or 10 in custom augments, that means the Greathawks will pull ahead as the highest Thunder element Dual Blades.

Testing with Fire, Water, Ice, and Poison, most of the others stay exactly the same. If we had more slots in the R11/R12 it might be different, but just one apiece usually doesn't cut it.

Since that means R12 has 5 total, they can get 3 elemental augments now instead of two. But in most cases, their element is so poor (in Dual Blades at least) that it doesn't matter.

R11 gets it worse, because +1 slot does little to nothing for elemental weapons of this rarity. You need 7 slots to get the full elemental augment, and so basically elemental R11s are stuck spending that final slot on a Defense I augment. Since nothing else has a 1 point cost.

Of course, R11s could go a different route, in that now they could also go with 2 levels of HP Regen instead of any elemental augments as a safer build choice.

R11s could just go with 20% affinity from 6 slots of that, instead.

Crime, a fire R10with 30% affinity, could use 8 slots to get 25% affinity in all, making it 55% and 95% once you add Crit Eye 7. Leaving 1 slot for +30 element.

User Info: Man_the_kraut

Man_the_kraut
6 days ago#5
SilverHawke27 posted...

Of course, R11s could go a different route, in that now they could also go with 2 levels of HP Regen instead of any elemental augments as a safer build choice.

R11 could already go health 2 @ 5 points. So now you can have health 2 + 1 slot.

User Info: Caramelon

Caramelon
6 days ago#6
What is the 3rd material for r12

SilverHawke27
6 days ago#7
Man_the_kraut posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...

R11 could already go health 2 @ 5 points. So now you can have health 2 + 1 slot.

Ah, my mistake. I was thinking HP Regen was 3 points per level, not 3/5/7.

But yeah, there is something of a pattern.

R12s at 5 slots, so you can get 2 levels of HP Regen.
R11s at 6 slots, so you can get 3 levels of Affinity.

Seems like that's how you'd go with those, in most cases, if it's an elemental weapon and the meta is an R10. Turns the R12 and R11 weapons into an auxiliary one with differing uses.

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
6 days ago#8
2nd level of hp regen isnt worth it tough. there is a video on youtube testing them difference isnt worth it. meta for r12 is health/affinity now atleast for most melee stuff thats for sure.

User Info: Man_the_kraut

Man_the_kraut
6 days ago#9

So R11 will not get health regeneration 3 @ 6 points? If not it would bum me out considering r12 will rival at health regeneration 2 @ 5 points.

SilverHawke27
6 days ago#10
Yeah, it goes like this:

R12 and R11 get HP Regen 2 for 5 points.
R10 gets HP Regen 4 which likely costs 9 points.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. 11.01 New Augment Setup
  • Topic Archived