• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. 11.01 is now live!

User Info: ChibiSoma

ChibiSoma
1 week ago#41
Rajang weapons are hot garbage. Set's not the worst, but it has Resentment 5, and that skill's effectively worthless. It has nothing to really make it stand out. Fight itself is hot trash, though some of that's because I f***ing hate TGL more than just about anything. Just let me have real f***ing quests to fight things in. Why the f***'s that suddenly an impossible task for these lazy f***head developers these days? They can do better. We know for a fact they can do better. They just choose not to because they know people will eat up whatever slop is dumped in front of them.

Another instance of 'have fun if you don't have a shield/use a slow weapon.'

Another instance of 'monster never f***ing sits still.' I've gone back to prior games and Rajang isn't this bad there. For as slow as they made him, they made up for by giving him f***ing ADHD.

These single-monster updates are just depressing. Can't wait to grind out another 140MR levels on basically nothing. Woo. Still no endgame. What fun.

Oh, and the new 'volcano region' is two rooms. That's it. One has lava, one's got a hill like in Uragaan's lair in Recess, only taller. So f***ing lazy.

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#42
ChibiSoma posted...
Rajang weapons are hot garbage. Set's not the worst, but it has Resentment 5, and that skill's effectively worthless. It has nothing to really make it stand out. .

Well resentment is actually pretty useful if you're farming rotten region of the vale it self. as i'm sure you won't have the room to bother downgrading just to get eluff resistence.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
1 week ago#43
ChibiSoma posted...
Rajang weapons are hot garbage. Set's not the worst, but it has Resentment 5, and that skill's effectively worthless. It has nothing to really make it stand out. Fight itself is hot trash, though some of that's because I f***ing hate TGL more than just about anything. Just let me have real f***ing quests to fight things in. Why the f***'s that suddenly an impossible task for these lazy f***head developers these days? They can do better. We know for a fact they can do better. They just choose not to because they know people will eat up whatever slop is dumped in front of them.

Another instance of 'monster never f***ing sits still.' I've gone back to prior games and Rajang isn't this bad there. For as slow as they made him, they made up for by giving him f***ing ADHD.

These single-monster updates are just depressing. Can't wait to grind out another 140MR levels on basically nothing. Woo. Still no endgame. What fun.

Oh, and the new 'volcano region' is two rooms. That's it. One has lava, one's got a hill like in Uragaan's lair in Recess, only taller. So f***ing lazy.

Sounds like you're the one with Resentment 5.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#44
ChibiSoma posted...

Jeez you are b****ing a lot.

For one thing, what the hell would you expect the Volcano region to be?
Coral Region is two areas.
Wildspire is basically two areas.
The Forest is several areas because it's basically the connector for everything else.

You should have known Volcano was going to be two areas at most going in, just like when Snow region is announced, it'll only be two areas as well. There is nothing lazy about this, they are following the same structure.

Fast monsters have been in the game since day one with Odogaron.
Nothing new there. Learn to handle their speed, or else get wrecked by them.
This is why you are given traps.

Edit: Honestly, if they had added more areas in the Volcano, we'd just get people b****ing that "it's a walking simulator".
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: RoadRollerGuy

RoadRollerGuy
1 week ago#45
Give me a monster who:

-Sit still
-Pathetic health
-Awesome reward
-Cool looking

Can you do it, Capcom?
People died when they were killed. --Logic Man

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 week ago#46
RoadRollerGuy posted...
Give me a monster who:

-Sit still
-Pathetic health
-Awesome reward
-Cool looking

Can you do it, Capcom?

from one extreme to the other. Some of these f***ers move around TOO much or stay in the air TOO long or spam bulls*** TOO much. Lunastra and kushala anyone?. There is a limit to the amount of shenanigans one can take before you turn the system off.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
1 week ago#47
Every monster is designed so that different strategies work best against them. With monsters that move around a lot you need to use CC. Stuns, KOs, Staggers, Status, Traps, etc. People that go in changing nothing about how they fight a monster are always the ones that complain the loudest about how "annoying" it is to fight them. One thing you need to realize is that no monster in the game really can't be taken down with enough patience and time, but if you don't use a good strategy then of course it's going to take forever and be aggravating. That's hard to count as a win even if you still end up completing the quest.

kanon951 posted...
Sometimes I wish this site had a like system.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 week ago#48
Grand Kirby posted...
Every monster is designed so that different strategies work best against them. With monsters that move around a lot you need to use CC. Stuns, KOs, Staggers, Status, Traps, etc. People that go in changing nothing about how they fight a monster are always the ones that complain the loudest about how "annoying" it is to fight them. One thing you need to realize is that no monster in the game really can't be taken down with enough patience and time, but if you don't use a good strategy then of course it's going to take forever and be aggravating. That's hard to count as a win even if you still end up completing the quest.

kanon951 posted...

maybe if I could carry more than one trap at a time. I know I can carry the mats to make more but thats extra slots that could be used for something else. The nerf to flashpods made flying annoyances even more annoying. Couple that with ALWAYS getting knocked of when using the claw just as I'm about to either weaken the part or try to aim the f***er for a wall. NO, I don't have temporal or rocksteady mantles. f*** tempered and AT monster. f*** that bulls***. I'll pass. I can make due with my vitality mantle and something else.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#49
thetraveler posted...
Grand Kirby posted...

kanon951 posted...

maybe if I could carry more than one trap at a time. I know I can carry the mats to make more but thats extra slots that could be used for something else. The nerf to flashpods made flying annoyances even more annoying. Couple that with ALWAYS getting knocked of when using the claw just as I'm about to either weaken the part or try to aim the f***er for a wall. NO, I don't have temporal or rocksteady mantles. f*** tempered and AT monster. f*** that bulls***. I'll pass. I can make due with my vitality mantle and something else.

lol..Yeah, it does sound like you're just bad, those are poor complaints and easily fixed with just not being s*** at the game. evidenced by the clutch claw whining as you're supposed to use it at smart times, not just flail it randomly. as well as not having 2 very useful mantles because the monsters you need to fight for them walled you.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

User Info: VFalcone

VFalcone
1 week ago#50
thetraveler posted...
Grand Kirby posted...

kanon951 posted...

What kind of things are you taking with you every hunt that you don't have the space to hold 2 extra slots with trap tools and thunderbugs?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. 11.01 is now live!
  • Topic Archived