• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Mathematically strongest augments?

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#21
Yeah. Honestly never felt it was a necessity.

DBs get more from the huge element you can build up. At least in my experience.

Affinity is only useful in comparison if you get a negative affinity pair. Until you try to run Crit Element.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#22
SilverHawke27 posted...
Things have changed now anyways.

For r10 elemental you go element 4 and affinity 1 for your 9 slots.

I've never used hp regen, mr stuff goes down easy enough already.

The ease of how they go down is not the debate, Regen is a valuable QOL skill. and very recommended. If you never want to heal. assuming you're good at dodging enough to not fall behind on HP.

Because you're going to take damage, unless you're a pure master of avoiding everything, regen is life. (literally!)
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#23
Hp regen is a double edged augment. Sure it can keep you healed.

Problem is if you rely heavily on it you have to be aggressive and stay in close while damaged to heal back what you lose.

And if you aren't careful you just get another hit.

I'm not a speedrunner. Not all for the meta. I just don't find it difficult to drink a potion while repositioning.

So I feel affinity and element are superior.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#24
Defense, because the time that you save not having to heal off the damage you would have otherwise lost is a direct dps increase

:)
Yahoo is now part of Oath. :blessed:

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
1 week ago#25
Saying affinity is better for a negative affinity weapon but elemental is better for a neutral/positive affinity weapon makes very little sense mathematically.

User Info: mnowicki091

mnowicki091
1 week ago#26
Affinity is always going to be more valuable than attack until you hit 100%, even on your 2nd/3rd affinity augment.

Any elemental weapons, affinity is best for the first augment, but after that I'm not sure if elemental or affinity is better.

Attack is worth it when you have a hammer or greatsword or something that already has 100% affinity and that can't make use of element

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#27
You can use decos for the 0% or better weapons. Full element is superior.

But you gimp yourself on a neg affinity weapon if you try to use decos to overcome it. As it makes it even more difficult to reach 100%.

That why affinity is needed on neg affinity weapons over element.

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#28
SilverHawke27 posted...
You can use decos for the 0% or better weapons. Full element is superior.

But you gimp yourself on a neg affinity weapon if you try to use decos to overcome it. As it makes it even more difficult to reach 100%.

That why affinity is needed on neg affinity weapons over element.

What weapons are you speaking for? because i know for hammer regen wins hands down. Say the weapons you're basing your opinion on.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#29
Dual Blades and Bow.

Decos and armor skills for affinity unless the weapon is negative.
Charm for element attack +5.
Augments for, usually, +120 or +180 or more on top of that.

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
1 week ago#30
Again, mathematically it makes no sense to say affinity is better in one situation over another without considering other factors.

-10% 0% and 10% affinity are -2.5% 0% and +2.5% damage respectively.

If an elemental increase contributes more than 2.5% damage against a given monster, it is better than 10% aff. If it contributes less, it is worse. Difference between 0 and 10% is the same as 90% and 100%. Starting point irrelevant besides a diminished/voided return near/at the cap.

Crit boost, masters touch, crit element, etc, will modify the percentages, but the comparison is the same regardless. Purely Math. No magic threshold of awesomeness.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Mathematically strongest augments?
  • Topic Archived