• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Version 11.00 and 11.01 Update Notes

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
1 week ago#121
I think it's funny they adjusted the brightness of Flash Pods. Those became so damn bright in Iceborne!
I didn't mind it so much though.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: SW-7023-1077-3923
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 week ago#122
SilverKyousuke posted...
I think it's funny they adjusted the brightness of Flash Pods. Those became so damn bright in Iceborne!
I didn't mind it so much though.

I think it's really strange.
Flash Bombs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-syH6nznCt4 (It's Silver Rath. They use a ton of Flash Bombs)

And then Flash Pods in World were practically nothing. Definitely didn't look strong enough to temporarily blind anything.
In Iceborne they turned up the flash so it looked like it could blind something. But since this is World, everyone can spam them, so it probably ended up irritating people with sensitive eyes, so now they need to tone it down again.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
1 week ago#123
I won't lie, the only thing that saddens me is the custom upgrade expansion. Since this might mean they'll forever ignore the reskin problem that they got put on full blast for just about everywhere

User Info: BanzaiHeil

BanzaiHeil
1 week ago#124
Small change that appeases my OCD, they fixed the Hunter's Notes having exclamation points for monsters with nothing new.
PSN: BanzaiHeil
Never forget: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61379169

User Info: gargar91

gargar91
1 week ago#125
Versaile posted...
I won't lie, the only thing that saddens me is the custom upgrade expansion. Since this might mean they'll forever ignore the reskin problem that they got put on full blast for just about everywhere

At least we get a (hopefully) supply of layered armors each month.

User Info: Dragonblade01

Dragonblade01
1 week ago#126
BanzaiHeil posted...
Small change that appeases my OCD, they fixed the Hunter's Notes having exclamation points for monsters with nothing new.

Oh my god finally

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 week ago#127
DeanDandylion posted...
digidevilwil posted...
DeanDandylion posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
@scaler24
To be fair, they clearly can't be hurting for money to continue work on Iceborne, given the massive amount of sales they have had so far. Not even counting the money generated from the stickers and gestures and other stuff from World's addons.

So, really this is more greed than necessity. They don't need this money to continue on into 2020. They literally shouldn't need ANY paid addon to help them make it through.

Especially considering there is going to be another massive influx of cash once the PC versions are out.

You should know goddamned well this is the beta test for more expansive recurrent monetization. All companies test the water before rolling such systems out. They'll see how hard they can push and build upon it over time.

Between this crap and the RNG and grind-intensive live service/MMO-lite modelling of TGL, and the drip feed of content, layered armor, and events, as well as the push towards needing multiplayer to not have a miserable experience (TGL, KT, A-Leshen, Behemoth), it should be clear where all this is headed.

Don't forget this is the same company that placed ads in SFV.

This is also the same company that got huge backlash and lost a ton of money because of their DLC and development methods last gen. I think these guys have learned their lesson more than anything, and they have been paying attention to fan demand more than ever before lately. Keep staying mad. This is the best Capcom has been in a very long time.

Keep believing corporations aren't constantly looking for any way to make money that they can. Keep believing in the good will and sense of large companies that add paid cosmetic content to their best-selling game in history. And keep trying to dismiss people's comments by saying they're "mad" when they're simply not as gullible and willing to shill for a company as you.

Umm I never said they weren't lmao. I may not be a corporation myself, but I damn well expect to be paid when I work. Compared to other games this gen, MHW has been one of the most value games by far. 60 for the base game, 40 for iceborne, and you're getting insane amounts of content and playtime. None of the DLC is important for gameplay purposes. Nothing wrong with paying for cosmetics man. You ever see when game series disappear off the map forever or for long periods of time? It's because the series stopped being valueable to the company in terms of profit, so when you want a lot without wanting to spend anything, you're just putting the series in a risky position to get canned or cut down in quality once the company realizes they are putting way more money into it and not getting back as much as they would like. Apparently you don't realize how we used to have to sit and wonder if we would ever get each MH game localized as they released. This series is finally getting itself out there. Stop trying to knock it back down to those terrible days.

Sorry man. I have zero problem with people trying to make money in this world, because I'm trying to make it just as much as they are lol. I don't have to spend money on anything I don't want to, and you don't either. If you feel like this game is robbing you in any capacity, you haven't played many games at all.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: Noantibodies

Noantibodies
1 week ago#128
I don't get people being mad about the update, or this game in general; I don't subscribe to PS Plus and have played the game exclusively solo (my first MH game), and even though the game is built with multiplayer in mind, this has been one of, if not the best game in my ps4's library. There's tons of stuff to do/collect, and they continuously give us new content, the vast majority of which is FREE.

Base World felt like a COMPLETE game when it came out to me, unlike other games I've played where you can tell they cut content to charge for it as DLC. Iceborne itself being a MASSIVE DLC bundle, coming years after the base, is more than fair IMO; I've paid more for far less in other games. The fact they are still supporting the game after that amount of time blows my mind and is a welcome change compared to most companies moving on to the sequel games/other projects.

I can't say I've looked over all the paid downloadable content, but the stuff I have seen (gestures, stickers, room d├ęcor, cosmetics, etc.) doesn't seem to affect gameplay or trivialize any of the regular game items; it just gives you a nice thing to look at/collect, and lets Capcom bring in additional funds to put towards supporting World and other projects. And I'm fine with that. Conversely, asking for everything to be given at launch, and not being able to charge for any additional content, doesn't give them much incentive to support the game or it's player base at all, but DOES push them to move on to new projects. If you don't want to support them, that's fine; just don't purchase the paid content...it's not like it will affect your gameplay.
Name: Pierce
FC: 1564-3718-8005
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Version 11.00 and 11.01 Update Notes
  • Topic Archived