• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Version 11.00 and 11.01 Update Notes

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
4 weeks ago#111
digidevilwil posted...
Ever since the very first game events have been a thing. This is how you keep the online population alive for games like this. If everything drops at once, you finish it all and never look back. If you have content to keep coming back to, it keeps the playerbase active and healthy. The methods they are using are not bad at all, otherwise if you have ever played any of the other hunting game clones, they always die a month after the game comes out because they don't have any new content to keep the scene fresh.

I mean, you can say that all you want, but most MH games had almost no events that actually gave anything beyond collaborations, which are very hit and miss, and they would typically run those through the first 2-3 months and that was it. The majority of event quests existed solely as additional challenge, like special marathons or enhanced monsters. Whereas in World/Iceborne every single event has some kind of incentive advertised for running it. A buffed ED in a previous game would only offer better rates on rewards, but MHW's AT EDs had layered armor tied to them instead...which, to be fair, isn't the first time cosmetics were tied behind a challenge, as EX Deviants also gave access to their armor sets for Armor Synthesis. But of course, EX Deviants were part of the game's launch. AT monsters were literally made to prolong the game's lifespan and were never part of the original plan for the game.

User Info: LustValkyrie

LustValkyrie
4 weeks ago#112
digidevilwil posted...
JD Old No7 posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
Yes, the games that were released as complete products and didn't have content that was obviously withheld for the sake of adding it later as an update to generate more hype and sales.

I hate the drip feed of content but werent dlc quests in older games included on disk and released over time? Granted, they werent new monsters or transmog. It did have things like hyper metal raths which dropped parts to upgrade equipment. Or maybe I'm misremembering that.

Paid content is def new obviously.

Ever since the very first game events have been a thing. This is how you keep the online population alive for games like this. If everything drops at once, you finish it all and never look back. If you have content to keep coming back to, it keeps the playerbase active and healthy. The methods they are using are not bad at all, otherwise if you have ever played any of the other hunting game clones, they always die a month after the game comes out because they don't have any new content to keep the scene fresh.

Exactly why God Eater and Freedom Wars (only Vita didn't help either), Toukiden, etc. just die. GE is loads of fun, and Freedom Wars was outstanding. But you could seriously sit on those games for three days, maybe four, and you're done with it. You can go collect for the sake of it like with MH, but will you get events to bring you back, new monsters, more joke weapons, collaborations? That's just it.
FC: 5086-5019-6860

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#113
digidevilwil posted...
DeanDandylion posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
@scaler24
To be fair, they clearly can't be hurting for money to continue work on Iceborne, given the massive amount of sales they have had so far. Not even counting the money generated from the stickers and gestures and other stuff from World's addons.

So, really this is more greed than necessity. They don't need this money to continue on into 2020. They literally shouldn't need ANY paid addon to help them make it through.

Especially considering there is going to be another massive influx of cash once the PC versions are out.

You should know goddamned well this is the beta test for more expansive recurrent monetization. All companies test the water before rolling such systems out. They'll see how hard they can push and build upon it over time.

Between this crap and the RNG and grind-intensive live service/MMO-lite modelling of TGL, and the drip feed of content, layered armor, and events, as well as the push towards needing multiplayer to not have a miserable experience (TGL, KT, A-Leshen, Behemoth), it should be clear where all this is headed.

Don't forget this is the same company that placed ads in SFV.

This is also the same company that got huge backlash and lost a ton of money because of their DLC and development methods last gen. I think these guys have learned their lesson more than anything, and they have been paying attention to fan demand more than ever before lately. Keep staying mad. This is the best Capcom has been in a very long time.

I agree with this actually. The last stupid thing I remember Capcom doing is cancelling megaman legends. Everything past that has been pretty good.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
4 weeks ago#114
digidevilwil posted...
This is also the same company that got huge backlash and lost a ton of money because of their DLC and development methods last gen. I think these guys have learned their lesson more than anything, and they have been paying attention to fan demand more than ever before lately. Keep staying mad. This is the best Capcom has been in a very long time.

I agree with this. Capcom has been putting better and better games. Resident Evil 2 RE, DMCV and now this expansion.

User Info: zigxzag

zigxzag
4 weeks ago#115
At least, they forgot about the geo exploit
In Diablo 3 RoS, Rift Guardians find you

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
4 weeks ago#116
Well they effectively gave a flat apology for the guiding lands in the video to anyone who had reached that point in the game. Maybe they didn't feel it was the time to fix exploits people use to make it less tedious.
"Your mother was a broken down tub of junk with more gentlemen callers than the operator."

User Info: ChibiSoma

ChibiSoma
4 weeks ago#117
God, the quality of life change of just being able to lock down a TGL area is worth the update.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#118
zigxzag posted...
At least, they forgot about the geo exploit

unless they didn't
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Blufield

Blufield
4 weeks ago#119
Devs often don't list bugfixes they don't want people to know about. Especially if it involves gaining rewards over other players.
I'm guessing it fell under "other minor bug fixes and balance changes" that weren't specified.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#120
Has the patch come out yet? Is it pre-loadable like Iceborne was (and all content should be)?
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Version 11.00 and 11.01 Update Notes
  • Topic Archived