• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
2 weeks ago#41
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBAQbESlYU

There's a noticeable difference.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: SayuriSatoru

SayuriSatoru
2 weeks ago#42
I don't play solo or SOS most of the time so a SSD will change little for me if I just have to wait for my friends to load in every single time as well.

I'll go from 1 minute loading... to 1 minute loading?
I'll edit almost everything. (edited 1 minute ago)
There's No Need To Be Unhappy: https://youtu.be/DsoCe7C4Kmk

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
2 weeks ago#43
Syferonik posted...
Funny how we need to upgrade the storage of an already "upgraded" console that forgot to upgrade their storage even tho most spent $400 for the original ps4, then another $400 for the Pro and now an additional $100+ for an SSD. All of this to play in sub 30fsp on medium/low settings. What a deal.

If an SSD were included, that $400 system would have been $550.
PSN: Archlvt88

User Info: Davo1234567891

Davo1234567891
2 weeks ago#44
If any of you are Destiny players, its worth it for that game alone. Load times are essentially cut in half.
From my experience having an ssd is useful on a normal ps4 and a pro, but the effects are slightly more noticeable on a pro.

User Info: TelikoFreedman

TelikoFreedman
2 weeks ago#45
Even with an SSD, Destiny took so durn long to load.

With MHW though, cuts through load times really fast compared to using an HDD.

SSD for the PS4 internal drive is definitely good.
You can use the other HDD as an external too.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Ship 7

User Info: okidori4life

okidori4life
2 weeks ago#46
Just coming in to chime in and say it was worth it for me.

I went ahead and bought a samsung(?forgot which brand now) 500gb ssd for $60 because it was on sale.

I installed it internally on my ps4 pro and absolutely love it! I did it BECAUSE of this game and bloodborne. Both of those games have notorious load times and it cut it in nearly half.

Youre looking at around 45-50% decrease in load times.

Look for a good price and I would highly recommend it. The price of a new game to cut your load times is worth it to me.

Good luck!
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

okidori4life
2 weeks ago#47
Also @op...

LOL common now we both know guiding lands did not cut the load times from 2:30 to 15 seconds...

Comman man! Dont be trippin.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
2 weeks ago#48
Idk what's going on, but after shadow keep dropped loading times have gone way up for destiny, at least on xbox. I cant imagine what it would be without an ssd.

Division 2 is what made me finally get one. Fast traveling took like 30secs of loading and you fast travel a loooot. Turned it into literally 5 seconds. Still helps a lot for MH, guiding lands still takes forever.

The extra space is also nice.

User Info: Uta

Uta
2 weeks ago#49
I dunno about the supposed 30% difference. Samsung claims 10x faster than HDD and I honestly believe that after seeing the results for myself. Before upgrading to an SSD I could choose a quest, watch chef cat's entire cut scene (which I did almost every time) and walk to the item box to restock or switch loadouts, and still have about 10-30 seconds of loading to wait through at the gate.

With the SSD the quest has finished loading while I'm skipping chef cat's cutscene. You can say it's supposed to be a 30% difference, but this clearly isn't the case for many users here.

If it makes any difference, most of the comparisons I see for this use the Samsung 850 EVO and I'm using the 860. For those shopping around I'd suggest that one with a tentative warning of "I literally just bought thr thing and don't know if I'm gonna have hardware malfunctions later on". People seem to trust this brand.

Also, to other users on the fence. External should be fine if what another user said is true (that you're bottlenecked by USB anyways) I can't verify if thats true or not though. I would caution that if you have little ones or pets or you're just generally clumsy you run the risk of the device falling or getting knocked off and in extreme cases could even break. Internal ones offer a bit more security; however you'll have to reinstall the PS4's OS and then redownload all your games. Depending on internet speeds and quantity of games that could actually negate the benefit of SSD. (Downloading from disc is lightning fast, but all the updates still come through the internet. I have gigabit internet so that's fine either way)

Hopefully anyone playing MonHun has PS+ so Cloud saves will save you some headache regarding your save files. Otherwise you'd have to get another external drive of some sort to hold onto your saves while you transfer everything over. (A USB Flash drive should actually be plenty here. Save Files seem relatively small)

Gaijin Hunter actually has a thorough tutorial on the subject, as well as issues you might encounter. I used it for my upgrade.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

okidori4life
2 weeks ago#50
Uta posted...
I dunno about the supposed 30% difference. Samsung claims 10x faster than HDD and I honestly believe that after seeing the results for myself. Before upgrading to an SSD I could choose a quest, watch chef cat's entire cut scene (which I did almost every time) and walk to the item box to restock or switch loadouts, and still have about 10-30 seconds of loading to wait through at the gate.

With the SSD the quest has finished loading while I'm skipping chef cat's cutscene. You can say it's supposed to be a 30% difference, but this clearly isn't the case for many users here.

If it makes any difference, most of the comparisons I see for this use the Samsung 850 EVO and I'm using the 860. For those shopping around I'd suggest that one with a tentative warning of "I literally just bought thr thing and don't know if I'm gonna have hardware malfunctions later on". People seem to trust this brand.

Also, to other users on the fence. External should be fine if what another user said is true (that you're bottlenecked by USB anyways) I can't verify if thats true or not though. I would caution that if you have little ones or pets or you're just generally clumsy you run the risk of the device falling or getting knocked off and in extreme cases could even break. Internal ones offer a bit more security; however you'll have to reinstall the PS4's OS and then redownload all your games. Depending on internet speeds and quantity of games that could actually negate the benefit of SSD. (Downloading from disc is lightning fast, but all the updates still come through the internet. I have gigabit internet so that's fine either way)

Hopefully anyone playing MonHun has PS+ so Cloud saves will save you some headache regarding your save files. Otherwise you'd have to get another external drive of some sort to hold onto your saves while you transfer everything over. (A USB Flash drive should actually be plenty here. Save Files seem relatively small)

Gaijin Hunter actually has a thorough tutorial on the subject, as well as issues you might encounter. I used it for my upgrade.

Regarding bottlenecking...

Yes to base/slim ps4
No to ps4 pro

But the difference in time is usually a few seconds. Most games its a 10-15% difference in load times.

I forget where but I think I found an article about it on digital foundry? Forgot but im sure google would do people who were wondering good.
MAKE GAMES SEXY AGAIN
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.
  • Topic Archived