• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#221
SwordsmanOrion posted...
I've been playing the PC version for months before Iceborne came out. Now that I have to go back to the PS4, the bad framerate I've gotten used to, the constant slowdown doesn't bother me all that much, I hate the DS4 controller but that's just me, but that I can't stand is the horrible long load times. Sometimes I'll be standing there for 2 full minutes waiting for the quest to ding just so I can leave, then I have to wait 2 more minutes on the actual load screen reading the tips.

If it is literally 2 minutes then something is seriously wrong with your PS4, even if it is the original model. Either your drive is going to fail or you have a 2400 BAUD modem for online ;-) or the drive is full and horribly fragmented... Whatever, something is wrong.

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#222
Akubarix posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Syferonik posted...
Funny how we need to upgrade the storage of an already "upgraded" console that forgot to upgrade their storage even tho most spent $400 for the original ps4, then another $400 for the Pro and now an additional $100+ for an SSD. All of this to play in sub 30fsp on medium/low settings. What a deal.

Add a few years of PS+ to that :^).

Dont build PCs then. LOL

Amen.

But yes, the Pro was definitely an incremental upgrade that cut too many corners. No 4K Blu-ray, can't do full 4K at a decent frame rate, no internal SSD, etc.

Regardless, I have used my PS4 and then PS4 Pro every day that I'm at home. It is easily the best entertainment value. I regret my Switch purchase far more. I have monthly streaming regrets about Hulu and Netflix. The value I get out of the PS4 is a bargain.

User Info: dzebas

dzebas
1 week ago#223
the_requiem posted...
PS4 formats entire disc, not sure partitioning will work.

It does work, did just that yesterday, split my ssd into 700/300Gb and PS4 detected 700 one.

User Info: eastman1982

eastman1982
1 week ago#224
So my ssd drive came today and OMG I was on the fence a bit but it took seconds to format and 11mins to put iceborne on the drive and wow it does improve the load times more then I’d thought it’s no joke. Every now and then one is slower but 90% of the times it’s much more fluid. Wish I’d got one sooner
"I got your back like a butt crack!"
psn user Darth_Eastman

User Info: tonytonez

tonytonez
1 week ago#225
OK OK Ive seen enough! Next payday im getting one dammit. Should I move all files to the SSD or just MHW?
Monster Hunter World: Nyte Terror
PSN: Nyte_Terror_360 | Dragons Dogma Pawn: Sylphina

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#226
Akubarix posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Syferonik posted...
Funny how we need to upgrade the storage of an already "upgraded" console that forgot to upgrade their storage even tho most spent $400 for the original ps4, then another $400 for the Pro and now an additional $100+ for an SSD. All of this to play in sub 30fsp on medium/low settings. What a deal.

Add a few years of PS+ to that :^).

Dont build PCs then. LOL

Even if you build a PC, the overall cost is far lower then the total you're spending to keep up with PS+ plus all that nonsense.

I may as well wait for the pc version and just play that where it's natively faster anyway, even without an SSD.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
1 week ago#227
tonytonez posted...
OK OK Ive seen enough! Next payday im getting one dammit. Should I move all files to the SSD or just MHW?
Not sure if it's the same on PS4, but at least on PC SSDs always work best when they have plenty of empty space available.

You might wanna just transfer the games that you're playing at the moment or that would benefit from an SSD and keep the rest in the HDD.
League of Legends: http://lan.op.gg/summoner/userName=Scaler
PSN: LightningLoops

scaler24
1 week ago#228
HolySage posted...
Even if you build a PC, the overall cost is far lower then the total you're spending to keep up with PS+ plus all that nonsense.
PS+ is $40 a year if you renew it whenever they have a sale. You could pay for PS+ for 5 years and it'll still be less than half of the price of any new part you're gonna have to buy when your PC inevitably starts s***ting the bed.

User Info: tonytonez

tonytonez
1 week ago#229
Ah thanks for the info!

Im using a PS4 Pro but also have an external xbox drive connected to it (I dont cur about console wars fyte me).

I may take your advice and just move my current rotation to the SSD (MHW, FFXIV, and Code Vein).

Will look into getting a few terabytes if available.
Monster Hunter World: Nyte Terror
PSN: Nyte_Terror_360 | Dragons Dogma Pawn: Sylphina

scaler24
1 week ago#230
tonytonez posted...
Ah thanks for the info!

Im using a PS4 Pro but also have an external xbox drive connected to it (I dont cur about console wars fyte me).

I may take your advice and just move my current rotation to the SSD (MHW, FFXIV, and Code Vein).

Will look into getting a few terabytes if available.
My suggestion would be buying an SSD and using it as an Internal Drive. That will speed up not only the games you have in it, but also the home menu and the factory applications like the PS Store, Media Player, etc.

Then you can use that external HDD to keep the rest of your games there. I would suggest starting the transfer now before you get your SSD because it does take a while.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.
  • Topic Archived