• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#211
TheFOB posted...
anyone using mechanical HDD and trying to catch all rare endemic pet? that's gotta be very frustrating...
i'm using SSD with "only" 15 to 20 seconds loading and it's getting unbearable already.

seriously capcom tester probably all run on dev kits or pc with high speed ssd, they probalby have no idea how much time is wasted watching loading screen when cycling through maps for that correct weather rng roll.

I'm so happy that all endemic life crowns aren't necessary for trophies ... I mean, God damn, even crakes have crowns? I've caught 12 crakes since Iceborne and not got a crown.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 week ago#212
Syferonik posted...
Funny how we need to upgrade the storage of an already "upgraded" console that forgot to upgrade their storage even tho most spent $400 for the original ps4, then another $400 for the Pro and now an additional $100+ for an SSD. All of this to play in sub 30fsp on medium/low settings. What a deal.

Add a few years of PS+ to that :^).
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: dzebas

dzebas
1 week ago#213
Just connected Samsung T5 to my Pro, loading speed difference is ridiculous! :)

Thanks OP for this thread!

User Info: croix12

croix12
1 week ago#214
scaler24 posted...
croix12 posted...
Just the fan
Hmm, dunno what to tell you. It's not sounding any louder than it was before for me.

i give up and return my old hdd ps4 pro, use ssd as external now its run quiet, installing it as internal was bad move for me at least :l

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
1 week ago#215
Black_Assassin posted...
Syferonik posted...
Funny how we need to upgrade the storage of an already "upgraded" console that forgot to upgrade their storage even tho most spent $400 for the original ps4, then another $400 for the Pro and now an additional $100+ for an SSD. All of this to play in sub 30fsp on medium/low settings. What a deal.

Add a few years of PS+ to that :^).

Dont build PCs then. LOL
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: Sacklet

Sacklet
1 week ago#216
can confirm, got my external yesterday and the difference is night and day.
psn: sackings-
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1351669/

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 week ago#217
SilverHawke27 posted...
Not sure if that would work.

I -think- you would take your PC and split it into two, formatting both, with the first being the larger. Then you just plug it to the PS4 and I think it would only recognize the first partition and format that as external.

Of course it might not work.

PS4 formats entire disc, not sure partitioning will work.
MHW:Iceborne| Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#218
the_requiem posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
Not sure if that would work.

I -think- you would take your PC and split it into two, formatting both, with the first being the larger. Then you just plug it to the PS4 and I think it would only recognize the first partition and format that as external.

Of course it might not work.

PS4 formats entire disc, not sure partitioning will work.

Yes, but a partition is treated as two drives, not one.

If the PS4 only "sees" the first partition and cannot access the second, it won't know it is there. So if you have an 800gb first partition, the PS4 may only recognize that 800gb part, and work with it.

It's worth a try, since there won't be anything on the drive to start with anyways.

Best case, it works and you get a dual drive. Worst case, it formats it all to a single partition and you get an external SSD for your PS4.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: SwordsmanOrion

SwordsmanOrion
1 week ago#219
I've been playing the PC version for months before Iceborne came out. Now that I have to go back to the PS4, the bad framerate I've gotten used to, the constant slowdown doesn't bother me all that much, I hate the DS4 controller but that's just me, but that I can't stand is the horrible long load times. Sometimes I'll be standing there for 2 full minutes waiting for the quest to ding just so I can leave, then I have to wait 2 more minutes on the actual load screen reading the tips.
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#220
eastman1982 posted...
Gonna ask a stupid question so I get an informed answer :-) so when I get an external ssd. I format it when I plug it into PS4 so the PS4 can use it as storage ok cool then I transfer mhw game and update data over to the drive what about save data does that matter where it’s read from nobody’s as asked and I’m the idiot who’s gonna :-) thanks

External Storage is only for games and other applications. All saves, videos, photos, etc. are stored on the internal drive.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.
  • Topic Archived