• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
2 weeks ago#21
FeridDondarrion posted...
Does it make difference if it’s an internal or external SSD? Launch PS4.
Once there was an elephant who tried to use the telephant. No, No I mean there was an elephone who tried to use the telephone.

User Info: Hastewoosh

Hastewoosh
2 weeks ago#22
yeah i made the switch to SSD last year specifically for MHW.

It was night and day. Where in the past, i would play a little of a mobile game or get something to drink while MHW loaded (2 minutes + )...after the SSD loading screens take less than 10 seconds. no time to do anything else! its great.

User Info: Jesserae

Jesserae
2 weeks ago#23
I've got a day 1 ps4 and I'm using a 2tb external Harddrive for all my game installations and my load times for everywhere but the guiding lands are less than 20 seconds, why spend 3 times as much on an SSD with half the storage?
Praise The Sun - DDDA Pawn Ciri (Ranger)
PSN: Darkestsoul92

User Info: Tj_11

Tj_11
2 weeks ago#24
Rhiethreal posted...
Why would a PS5 being on the horizon stop you from buying an external SSD?

Depending on the size of an SSD I guess. If it's just "Iceborne load enhancer", then sure, relatively cheap 250GB one will do.
But if someone wants to replace their drive with SSD for all their games, then they'd need at least 1TB, maybe 2TB. I suppose a quality 1TB one is not too bad, around 130$ last time I checked and there will be black friday sales "soon", still over half of base console cost, though. 2TB are more expensive, already comparable to the price of the PS4 Pro itself.

Considering PS5 will have backwards compatability and based on what they did show it will have SSD, I can get why people hesitate to spend 250-300$ on 2TB SSD.

User Info: piamarie

piamarie
2 weeks ago#25
Rhiethreal posted...
mikssimi posted...
How big of a difference is it to use an SSD on a pro vs regular ps4? I've considered getting an external for my regular ps4 but have been hesitant. No intention of purchasing a pro at this point in the systems lifespan

Pro improves performance. SSD improves load times. They are not the same thing. Please stop asking this.

An SSD is basically going to cut your load times by 50%. If it took 2 minutes to load before, it will take around 1 minute. If it took a minute, it will take around 30 seconds.

What? He's just asking if it's worth it on a regular ps4. How you interpreted it like he thinks they're the same thing is beyond me.
"Please stop asking this". Lol?

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 weeks ago#26
No thanks, MHW and now IB is the only game I play. I do pick up other games but I play them way more casual and dont care about loading at that point because they're usually single player games. It's an investment I dont need.

Lol I just recalled that dumb discussion with someone here on how Astera was perfect and people were being entitled for wanting a base location and hub area like Seliana and past titles.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
2 weeks ago#27
piamarie posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
mikssimi posted...
How big of a difference is it to use an SSD on a pro vs regular ps4? I've considered getting an external for my regular ps4 but have been hesitant. No intention of purchasing a pro at this point in the systems lifespan

Pro improves performance. SSD improves load times. They are not the same thing. Please stop asking this.

An SSD is basically going to cut your load times by 50%. If it took 2 minutes to load before, it will take around 1 minute. If it took a minute, it will take around 30 seconds.

What? He's just asking if it's worth it on a regular ps4. How you interpreted it like he thinks they're the same thing is beyond me.
"Please stop asking this". Lol?

Don't mind Him, he's hostile for no reason most of the time and usually doesn't think before he posts as evidenced by that response. He's like that guy walking into a store and just yells at the cashier because he looked at him.

as for the topic, they do make a difference, these loading times are insane, and capcom clearly wants you to suffer through them due to guilding lands, as shown from them fixing the training room method, as that was the same thing as bouncing through areas except much faster.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 weeks ago#28
2.5 mins loading time? I've never experienced anything even close to that. I have an SSD in my PS4 Pro as well but you're supposed to only get an improvement of up to 30% or loading times. And the Pro with its SATA 3 connectors doesn't provide any further speed boosts at all compared to the standard PS4.

It's still very much worth it, especially now that SSD have gotten extremely cheap. But it's nowhere near as significant an improvement like switching from HDD to SSD on a PC. Only the next console gen will be able to fully take advantage of SSDs.

User Info: Irony

Irony
2 weeks ago#29
As someone with a SSD the difference in load times is barely noticeable. Dunno why SSD advocates always lie about them.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

User Info: drag10

drag10
2 weeks ago#30
Ad-vice posted...
I have a PS4 Pro so I went with an external USB 3.0 500GB SSD after doing some research (it was around $60 USD).
I can't recommend it enough.
The Pro benefits more from an SSD than a standard PS4, but the SATAIII connection is still run through the USB BUS which creates a bottleneck and doesn't take full advantage of an SSD anyway. Going internal/external doesn't really make a difference so I picked the easiest option.
I'm a bit of a tech scrub so I hope you don't mind me asking. Basically, I can simply connect an external SSD to the PS4 Pro, install MHW in it and I should already see a boost in the loading speeds?
PSN: AshScar88
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. An SSD has improved the quality of this game dramatically.
  • Topic Archived